Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions/lymp node

I am a 35 yr old female.  Last week I had a cold with lots of mucus and cough.
Yesterday I noticed a lymph node in my neck midway down a little towards the back.  Its soft, fits under my finger tip and moves a it feels ok i think.  But when I look online I read many things saying that nodes in this posterior area should be of this true or is it more likely from my cold?
Thank you for your time.

Dear Jill,

Your body is responding in the exact way you want it to. When the nodes that are distal to the infection inflame, it is the body's way of capturing the bacteria or virus and sending in the forces in the way of white blood cells to destroy the intruders. Once the symptoms subside, so will the lymph node. Hope this helps.  

Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions

Dr. Pamela M. Cipriano, DNP, APRN

My name is Dr. Cipriano. I have a private practice specializing in adult health and wellness. I can answer questions associated with thyroid disease, cardiac disease, pulmonary disease, high blood pressure, muscular aches and pains, cholesterol levels, male/female sexual questions or questions on the sexual organs, gastrointestinal problems, healthy ways to lose weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle, and nearly anything else that pertains to medicine.

I am on the Medical Staff at a local hospital where I work as a medical/surgical hospitalist as well as in the emergency department. I am certified in critical care and advanced cardiac life support. Prior to becoming a Nurse Practitioner, I was a certified critical care nurse (CCRN).

Society of Hospital Medicine American Association of Critical Care Nurses American Association of Nurse Practitioners Connecticut Advance Nurse Practitioner Society

Maryville University 2014-2016 Doctor of Nursing Practice University of Connecticut 2007-2011 MSN, Acute Care Track Nurse Practitioner. Board Certified September 2011 Critical Care Certified 2014 Central Connecticut State University 2002-2006 BA Psychology St. Mary's Hospital School of Nursing 1991-1993 Diploma Nursing Registered Nurse

Named as a World Wide Leader in Healthcare and was included in the 2013-2014 edition by the International Nurses Association.