Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions/Tailbone pain

Question
In April I hurt my tailbone. I was just sitting on a curb, but for a couple of hours. Since then I have had continuous problems, the pain comes and goes but it's never gone long. I have tried to take pressure off of the area by leaning to the left or right when I sit or I sit on my foot, when I lay down I lay on my side or stomach. However, yesterday I had to travel about 300 miles by car. I sat on a blanket but I am in a lot of pain still. Will this ever end?

Answer
You probably didn't hurt your tailbone itself, but irritated your pilonidal area, maybe created a cyst..... I would get examined and possibly a course of antibiotics.... if there is any fluid collection, possibly drainage...........    get it looked at.

Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions

Robert Borucki