Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions/D&C

Question
I am 35. 2 kids. I am scheduled to have a D&C  and hysteroscopy this week due to a thick endometrial lining and abnormal bleeding. (I have PCOS).

The gynecologist tried birth control pills to regulate my periods.... which made me hemorrhage severely until I was anemic for almost THREE months of trying different pills.

I took myself off the birth control pills and within 2 days , I stopped bleeding and have not bled for 10 days now. But still, the lining looks thick on trans vaginal u/s. The endometrial stripe was 1.2cm? (mm?)

I am not sure if this is what I need to be doing at this point. It is going to cost me nearly 3000K out of pocket since I have 4000K deductible insurance (family deductible).

She says she wants to look to make sure there are no polyps or fibroids (none seen on trans vag u/s) and she is sending everything to pathology just to be safe.

Anyway, in your opinion, is this a good thing to do ?

Also, the pre-admission nurse told me I would have a cuff around my thigh(s) that would be pulsating with my heart during the surgery. Why ???? What does this do/mean ?

Thanks

Answer

Yes, I think the abnormal lining in the uterus is worrisome......  I expect that this is going to be normal, but that suggests there are abnormal cells there.....

That is strictly a monitoring tool to monitor pulse, blood pressure.....

Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions

Robert Borucki