Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions/annual physical

I recently heard George W. Bush say his clogged heart artery was found during a routine annual physical and he had no symptoms, so it's important to have that done. But is testing the heart and looking for clogged arteries usually part of a physical exam for
men his age, even if they're not an ex-president, or does it have to be requested? Whenever I had an annual exam, all they did was basic blood work, listen to my heart and lungs and that was it.

that is a part of the physical when you are an ex-president, but not routinely.....    

If there are any risk factors for heart disease, a reasonable test is to do a stress test.... a good performance on a treadmill stress test is a good predictor that your heart arteries are doing OK.   (Not perfect, but pretty good)  

Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions

Robert Borucki

I am an expert in Family Medicine and Emergency Medicine.

I am trained and boarded in Family Medicine and have also worked extensively in emergency medicine for over 10 years.

BA in Natural Sciences; MD in 1986\borucki