Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions/Fatty foods causing stomach pain

I am a generally healthy 38yo woman, no previous medical issues and I fluctuate between middle and upper healthy weight range. For the past few years I have noticed when I consume a meal that seems to have a significantly higher fat content than usual I get strong pains in my stomach. The foods that seem to trigger this the worst are bread & butter pudding and very flakey lamb sausage rolls :-)
It is certainly not debilitating as I try not to eat these meals frequently but I'd be keen to understand if there might be an underlying issue (BTW I have no problems eating a Big Mac!)?
Regards and much appreciated

Dear Jane,

Abdominal pain following a high-fat diet is generally due to either an inflamed gallbladder or gallstones. You can try to follow a low-fat diet and see if this resolves your problem. However, if the pain persists, you should be seen by your primary care provider for an ultrasound of your gallbladder. It may need to be surgically removed.

Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions

Dr. Pamela M. Cipriano, DNP, APRN

My name is Dr. Cipriano. I have a private practice specializing in adult health and wellness. I can answer questions associated with thyroid disease, cardiac disease, pulmonary disease, high blood pressure, muscular aches and pains, cholesterol levels, male/female sexual questions or questions on the sexual organs, gastrointestinal problems, healthy ways to lose weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle, and nearly anything else that pertains to medicine.

I am on the Medical Staff at a local hospital where I work as a medical/surgical hospitalist as well as in the emergency department. I am certified in critical care and advanced cardiac life support. Prior to becoming a Nurse Practitioner, I was a certified critical care nurse (CCRN).

Society of Hospital Medicine American Association of Critical Care Nurses American Association of Nurse Practitioners Connecticut Advance Nurse Practitioner Society

Maryville University 2014-2016 Doctor of Nursing Practice University of Connecticut 2007-2011 MSN, Acute Care Track Nurse Practitioner. Board Certified September 2011 Critical Care Certified 2014 Central Connecticut State University 2002-2006 BA Psychology St. Mary's Hospital School of Nursing 1991-1993 Diploma Nursing Registered Nurse

Named as a World Wide Leader in Healthcare and was included in the 2013-2014 edition by the International Nurses Association.