Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions/LETS ROCK

I was wondering would you please explain to me: wot is a kidney stone?

(P.S would you please try to give your answer in a easy way that I can understand)

kidney stone is a crystal that forms from some of the salts in the urine when the conditions are right.... usually because the salts are very concentrated.   The crystals form in the kidney and when the stone moves, it scrapes the tube from the kidney to the bladder and can cause pretty intense pain.   Most pass on their own, some have to be removed......   there are a lot of factors that go into why a stone forms....  you have to have a genetic predisposition, you have to be a little dehydrated and your diet, and the water you drink are a factor.   Some medicines may make you more likely to form a stone.   Hope this helps.

Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions

Robert Borucki

I am an expert in Family Medicine and Emergency Medicine.

I am trained and boarded in Family Medicine and have also worked extensively in emergency medicine for over 10 years.

BA in Natural Sciences; MD in 1986\borucki