Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions/Could my husband have internal shingles.


My husband has a sunburn feeling around hi torso. He has no rash at all. What could this be. Has beento three doctors had blood test and MRI's, they all came back normal. Now what do we do? Please help,

shingles should present as a rash.  It also would cause pain (and rash) only on one side.  If his symptoms are on both sides (R&L) then it definitely isn't shingles.

So there is no rash, just burning of the skin on his chest/back?  I would wonder about a neck problem causing a little nerve irritation causing the feeling..... maybe a neck disc...... My next stop would be to a neurologist.

Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Robert Borucki


I am an expert in Family Medicine and Emergency Medicine.


I am trained and boarded in Family Medicine and have also worked extensively in emergency medicine for over 10 years.

BA in Natural Sciences; MD in 1986\borucki

©2017 All rights reserved.