Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions/Spanish Influenza

Question
Hello! First off, this is kind of a weird question and I'm not sure it's in the right category. Honestly, I couldn't think of anywhere else to put it. So here goes:

In a story I'm writing, a character has come back to life after being dead for many years. I'm not going to pretend that's scientific, so you don't need to worry about that. The thing is, the character first died of the Spanish Influenza when he was a teenager. Now, waking up, his immune system is like a baby's because, well, he was a corpse. My question is, did the influenza ONLY kill the young and healthy? I know it caused an overreaction of the immune system in its victims, but would somebody old or young with very little immunity to disease still get sick and die? I would assume so, right, as if it's the regular flu? My goal is to make the character wake up in the same state as he was before death - infected with the virus -  so he starts dying all over again. With no immune system to speak of this time, would the virus, if it's already set in, still kill the character? I'm sorry if this question is confusing. Thank you very much for your time!

Answer
I think I understand.....   The Spanish Flu killed a whole lot of people.... it was quite different than the annual flu that mutates a little each year, so people were caught offguard and got extremely sick.

Your chance of dying from it was highest if you were very young, very old or ill with other illnesses (like diabetes, heart disease)  But this killed with a higher frequency, even young and healthy, because it caused such severe flu symptoms.  

I hope this helps and good luck with your story......

Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions

Robert Borucki