Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions/isotretinoin

Question
I am under isotretinoin meds right now, and upon searching the internet about this drug, it offered a lot of side effects which are rather alarming and fatal, like renal, ocular, psychological side effects, etc. Will isotretinoin be the cause of future physiologic problems in those areas? will it cause infertility in women?how long will it take to become pregnant without the adverse effect on the fetus after discontinuation of drug? Thank you very much.

Answer
that is actually a fairly safe medicine.....  unless you become pregnant.... there are many warnings/safeguards to not get pregnant while taking a course.....  I make sure there is good communication and a fairly foolproof (nothing is perfect) way of preventing pregnancy......

Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions

Robert Borucki