Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions/stomach pain

Question
Good morning! i am trying to get some feed back on some stomach pain i have been having. I have been having upper left stomach pain for about 3 weeks. It seems to be fine when i lay down. it gets worse sometimes when i eat certain foods. I have also had mostly mucus stools.My stomach is also making very loud noises all the time. I generally feel ok no fever,no loss of appetite. I am just afraid to eat because the pain comes back.The pain is pretty constant all the time but worsens with some foods.what do you think this is?
I do have a drs appt coming but curious
thanks

Answer
these are tough to pin down... but I would wonder about a colon problem.... an infection or inflammatory condition initially.... possibly a food intolerance that you have developed.   I think that since it has been continuing.... the dr appt is the next appropriate step......

Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions

Robert Borucki