Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions/Nose Bleeding

Greetings of the day!

Hi, Doctor myself sapna my questions is about Nose Bleeding I am suffering form nose bleeding since my childhood it usually starts in summers. These days i am facing the same problem lots of blood starts coming from my nose suddenly and if i takes any medicine to stop blood that disturbs my monthly periods.

I want to ask what are the causes and solution of it. what should i eat and what should not. Is there any permanent solution for that.

Please guide me.

Best Regards

You MUST be evaluated by a Western minded Doctor as there could be several reasons for the nose bleeding.  Some more innocent could be just dryness of the nasal mucosa, but others could be much more serious... blood dyscrasias (low platelet count, clotting factor abnormalities, Vitamin K deficiency, ...)  It could also be due to chronic infection or an abnormal blood vessel malformation that can be corrected by surgery.  Basic lab tests would include a CBC and possibly bleeding time studies and coags (PT/PTT).  Best bet is to seek professional evaluation by a MD.  

Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions

Yusuf (JP) Saleeby, MD

Will ONLY answer questions pertaining to Hypothyroidism, Hashimoto's disease and thyroid disorders. I will forward all other questions to the question pool. This forum does not allow for the diagnosis and treatment of illness, so please don't ask questions in that regard.

Medical School: Medical College of Georgia (Augusta, GA class of 1991) Post Graduate Training: ECU school of Medicine (Greenville, NC) 20 years in Emergency Medicine, Urgent Care and Occupational Medicine (retired 2012). *** Licensed in states of GA, NC, SC and VA. *** Medical Director of Priority Health of SC ( *** Former Medical Director and Founder of the Saleeby Longevity Institute a clinical practice and research center in integrative (CAM,Allopathic Medicine (1999 to 2004). *** Founder of Vita Sanus, Inc. Manufacturer & Distributer of Vita Sanus Nutraceuticals and Skin Care products ( Sold in 2006. *** Adjunct Professor in Graduate School of Nursing Georgia Southern University (2002-2006). *** Author of "Wonder Herbs: A Guide to Three Adaptogens" available for sale at or signed copies at *** Former Medical Director of the Emergency Department at Marlboro Park Hospital, Bennettsville, SC (2006-2010) *** Appointed to Medical Advisory Board for Aerobic & Fitness Association of America (AFAA) 2007-present & Contributing Editor AFAA (American Fitness magazine) 2013-present. *** Appointed to Medical Advisory Board for Beach Body (Product Partners) 2008-present *** Founder and regional director of an alternative to high priced lab testing sites (DAT). *** Life Extension 5th Edition Book on Prevention and Disease Treatment (contributor on Chapter on Adrenal Fatigue and Stress Management) 2013 5th edition. *** Worked as chief formulator for supplement companies: Vita Sanus Nutraceuticals (Longevity Pack & entire line), SSN's PreGame Formulas for Golf and Tennis, AdapTx Labs' CardioFactor & PreFight, BeachBody's Shakeology consultant, Parhelion Labs' Oviun BioPharma sub-fertility formula ''Fertility Regimen''.

South Carolina Urban Search & Rescue Task Force-1 (USAR), former Medical Director/Control. 2010-2012. Founder and developer of Current medical practice: Former member of American Telemedicine Association Former member of A4M and ACAM. Attend regular meetings of AMMG Member in good standing ILADS (

American Fitness magazine (multiple) Cortlandt Forum Medical Economics (blog) JIVE magazine (out of print) Tea Digest Experience (out of print) Authored Books on Adaptogen Herbs (Wonder Herbs: A guide to three adaptogens) 2006 Authored chapter on Stress Management for LEF text book on Prevention of Diseases and Treatments (2013) Authored Chapter 3 in "Stop the Thyroid Madness, II" (2014)

Health & Wellness Blogger, Medical Writer. Author of book on Adaptogens. Pioneer in Telehealth, member of ATA. Contributing Editor for American Fitness magazine. Authored Books on Adaptogen Herbs (Wonder Herbs: A guide to three adaptogens) 2006 Authored chapter on Stress Management for Life Extension Foundation LEF text book on Prevention of Diseases and Treatments (2013) Authored Chapter 3 in "Stop the Thyroid Madness, II" (2014)

*** co-Author of "Stop the Thyroid Madness, II" (Laughing Grape, 2014) Chapter on NDT/Thyroid. *** Authored chapter in "Life Extension Foundation, 5th Edition book on Prevention and Disease Treatment" Chapter on Stress Management/ Adrenal Fatigue.

HIPAA prohibits revealing names. Some celebrity clients.