Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions/Feet Problems


I was wondering what type of pain someone can expect with most skeletolmuscular foot problems? I've been feeling pain towards the inside of my feet. Particularly when I bowl. I believe I do have a little bit of a bunion so I am not sure if I am approaching a time when I will need surgery. If that is the case should insurance cover that in most cases, and are people generally under when it is being removed? Also what is recovery like? If that is not the case what causes feet pain that doesn't so much feel like muscle strain as bones rubbing each other?

You are getting ahead of yourself.... first thing is finding out what the problem is..... not all foot problems are bunions.  I would see an orthopedist or podiatrist and figure out what the problem is.

If it is a bunion that needs surgery, yes, you are out, yes, insurance covers it and recovery involves some pain for a few days then fairly quick improvement.......   I hope this helps....

Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Robert Borucki


I am an expert in Family Medicine and Emergency Medicine.


I am trained and boarded in Family Medicine and have also worked extensively in emergency medicine for over 10 years.

BA in Natural Sciences; MD in 1986\borucki

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]