Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions/help

about 10 days ago i had heart beating fast out no where and lasted for 4 hrs and then beating came back to normal, i felt weak and next day to like the beating took my energy went to dr did an ekg and was normal he prescribed me omepremazole 20 mg one a day and chlordiazep 5 mg take twice a day but pharmacyst said take it only when u need it cause it causes addiction so i took one when i pick up the prescripion ,then today i woke had my cofee was on the couch and then i felt my heart was going to start beating but wasnt as bad as last time i felt paniky i start breathing holding my breath and let go i took one chlodiazep and took shower i feel lil better.
i dont want to get addicted to chlordiazep,is 5 mg high dose or its ok to drive
thank you

I don't know if the chlordiaz will help.... the hard part is catching the abnormal rythym when it is happening... sometimes we put a 24 hour monitor on someone to catch it, but sometimes we have to put longer monitors, sometimes for a month in order to catch the abnormal heartbeats.....   if it keeps reoccurring then you have to get the monitor to find out exactly what it is.

Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions

Robert Borucki

I am an expert in Family Medicine and Emergency Medicine.

I am trained and boarded in Family Medicine and have also worked extensively in emergency medicine for over 10 years.

BA in Natural Sciences; MD in 1986\borucki