Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions/Stomach pain

Question
I am a 16 year old female. I have been experiencing constant symptoms for 3 months, that occurs after every meal no matter what the food was. I was experiencing pain after I ate cereal and milk for breakfast. It was very crampy pains and there were sharp pains in my upper stomach. We went to the doctor and they said it was lactose intolerance. So we switched to lactose free milk and it helped in that regard, but I was experiencing the same pains when I ate something with no milk in it at all. So we went back to the doctor and they said that it was indigestion and put me on Prevacid, it worked for about a week then my pains became more severe. I had terrible pains throughout my entire abdomen, diarrhea, and nausea. I had lost my appetite completely. It was to the point where anything I put in my mouth causes me severe pain. So we went back to the doctor and they ordered a blood test and an ultrasound. My amylase and lipase levels were normal and so was the CBC and the complete metabolic panel. The ultrasound showed that there are no abnormalities or inflammation of my pancreas, liver, or gallbladder. They then referred me to a gastroenterologist and they performed an upper endoscopy. They said everything looked normal except for a little patch in my stomach, but that it couldn't be causing the pain I'm having. They tested for Crohn's disease, celiac disease, ulcerative colitis and the H. Pylori bacteria. All came back negative. We have a follow up appointment in a few weeks but this is very frustrating. I have already lost 13 and I didn't exactly have that weight to lose. I look very sickly and I feel terrible. It is worse when I greasy or acidic food, but no matter what I eat, it still happens. It seems to be worse in the morning and the evening and the best in the middle of the day. Any ideas on what it might be?

Answer
I assume they checked a urinalysis and a pregnancy test (if needed)   It sounds like a food intolerance ( milk is one of them ) and it may take the gastro continued searching for the cause..... no great brainstorms here as it looks like you had a very extensive workup.....

Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions

Robert Borucki