Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions/getting rid of a small hemorrhoid

I engaged in anal sex with someone and noticed that afterwards I developed a small pea sized hemorrhoid on my anus. He didn't use enough lubrication and didn't prepare the area that well for entry. I had examined myself before the encounter and nothing was there. I don't have medical insurance by the girl who examined me at Planned Parenthood confirmed that it was a hemorrhoid.

It has been about a week and I have seen little improvement as I check it daily.  I have upped my fiber, increased my water intake, used prep h ointment, use prep h medicated wipes with witchhazel, and have used pure witchhazel with cotton balls to attempt to shrink this thing but do not seem to be having much luck. What else can I do?  The good news is there is no itching or pain, but I wan this thing gone! How long does it usually take before it will go away?

yes, this will go away, sometimes 2-3 weeks.  The key is to make the conditions good for it to heal.  That is a stretched vein and the tissue over it gets irritated.  Prep H and don't get constipated and they usually resolve especially when they are that small.  

I guess it does without saying that anal sex isn't a good idea........

Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions

Robert Borucki

I am an expert in Family Medicine and Emergency Medicine.

I am trained and boarded in Family Medicine and have also worked extensively in emergency medicine for over 10 years.

BA in Natural Sciences; MD in 1986\borucki