Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions/STD

Are there any common physical symptoms of most STDs? I have only had one sexual partner ever and up until that last time we'd used a condom. Since then starting within the first few days I've had a mild burning feeling in my urethra (which i assume is the penis exit for urine). The feeling remains the same when I urinate. No worst or better. She says she had Hep C a long time back but reacted well to meds and has been rid of it for a long time or otherwise she would have needed a new liver. Is this likely a symptom of a STD or are there other things that can cause a mild and highly tolerable burning feeling inside as related to sexual contact? I was looking into getting tested, but getting the full list of items can cost upwards to $500 and I don't want to be overreactive since that is by no means small change for me.

I would worry about chlamydia if it is just burning or either chlamydia or gonorrhea if you have a discharge.....   Hep C is hard to get thru sex, but wouldn't cause burning.   I would get checked for chlamydia or gonorrhea at least, and get treatment, usually Zithromax, one gram once.    I hope this helps.  

Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions

Robert Borucki

I am an expert in Family Medicine and Emergency Medicine.

I am trained and boarded in Family Medicine and have also worked extensively in emergency medicine for over 10 years.

BA in Natural Sciences; MD in 1986\borucki