Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions/abdominal pain for over a year

Question
QUESTION: I've been having pain in my abdomen for over a year it started around my gallbladder and is everywhere in the abdomen. I have had blood test urine texts ct scans ultra sounds and everything is normal except the pain. I had three different drs and an E.R. doctor tell me they can't  figure out whats causing the pain. Its so bad I have 2 prescriptions for pain.

ANSWER: Dear Joy,

Did you ever have any abdominal surgeries?
Was the CT with or without contrast? Did you drink something before the test?
How old are you?
How tall are you?
How much do you weigh?
What types of food do you normally eat in a day? ie. Fried, animal fat, vegetarian, etc.

The reason I am asking these questions is to better understand where the pain may be originating from and how I can better help to diagnose the problem. Please respond at your earliest convenience.

QUESTION: No surgeries
With and without contrast
No food or drink before test
I'm 20
5'3
I'm 240 lbs which has been hard I gained 110 pounds in 3 years I gained most of it the year I quit high school and diet and exercise for months at a time won't even help loose a single pound
And my diet is a big breakfast eggs sausage etc.
Lunch is more of a snack dinner is a meat and veggies I dont eat sweets much I try to not eat starches like mac-n-cheese etc

Answer
Dear Joy,

If you have not done so already, schedule a physical examination to have your thyroid and adrenal glands assessed. I suggest you see a nutritionist to help you to get on a healthy, well balanced diet. If you gained a large amount of weight in a short period of time, it may be the abdominal muscles that are causing you pain from the rapid expansion. Also, try and avoid anything that has more than 3 ingredients in it and anything with preservatives. These things all contribute to chronic pain and fatigue. Once you omit these foods and get on a healthy diet, I think you will find the abdominal pain subsides. If, however, the pain worsens or you have a change in bowel habits, please seek the advice of a gastroenterologist for a colonoscopy and/or endoscopy.  

Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions

Dr. Pamela M. Cipriano, DNP, APRN