Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions/Flu Qiestion?

Question
Hello. My mom has the flu and now I have it, and none of the over-the-counter medicines (Tylenol, Advil, NyQuil) seem to be giving any relief at all? Can you recommend anything at all, like any over-the-counter medicine I did not mention or home remedies?

Answer
Dear Miss Wilson,

Tamiflu and Relenza are both prescription medications that treat the flu, not just the symptoms. They need to be started within 48 hours of the first sign of the flu. The flu generally lasts one week, but it may take longer to get over the extreme fatigue. Hope this helped you.  

Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions

Dr. Pamela M. Cipriano, DNP, APRN