Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions/Odd lump

Question
I wasn't that sure what category to post this in, so here I am. I am a healthy far as I know twenty nine year old. I had a baby 8 months ago. This evening, I discovered a squishy lump just at the bottom of my right rib cage. It's about as wide as my middle and ring finger, can shift back and forth, and doesn't hurt unless I prod it awhile. And it almost feels like cartilage. About ten months ago I had liver testing, and it was fine. I'm not sure how long it's been there, but I know it hasn't been there a year. I've read about (lipomas? ), do they feel like cartilage? It sort of feels like part of my rib, but it's not symmetrical. I can basically stick my fingers under my left ribs, but not my right. What could it be besides some sort of cancer?

Answer
Cartilage is not squishy, but pretty firm/hard..... a painless softer moveable lump that you can feel certainly sounds like a lipoma.   The hormone and weight changes during a pregnancy can make a lipoma enlarge and become more apparent.   If there is no change in size, then leave it alone, unless cosmetically it is bothering you.   They can be removed (for cosmetic reasons) but are harmless.   This does not make me think of a malignancy/cancer.  

Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions

Robert Borucki