Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions/Viral tests

QUESTION: Is there a broad spectrum virus test a person can have done? I feel like I may still have something wrong even after antibiotics and negative sdi  tests. I really wish there was a way to test for anything that is any bit likely in the US.

ANSWER: each viral test is individual for that specific virus, so you can't check everything, but there are finite illnesses that affect a specific organ or system, so you don't have to check for everything.       

QUESTION: How about penis and reproductive organs pains? Any tests  beyond sti tests for that region?

painful skin sores (obvious) could be herpes, non-painful skin sore could be syphilis, but if there are no skin changes, then we would at prostate (or bladder, less likely in a guy) problems......but the prostate problems are not viral, they are inflammatory or bacterial.

Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions

Robert Borucki

I am an expert in Family Medicine and Emergency Medicine.

I am trained and boarded in Family Medicine and have also worked extensively in emergency medicine for over 10 years.

BA in Natural Sciences; MD in 1986\borucki