Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions/wrist splint

Question

Is it okay to use a wrist splint while typing and using a mouse, or should it only be used at night? I have pain in the wrist from using a mouse so much, but no matter what position I change to, it still hurts. The pain seems to go away in a couple days if I don't use the computer much, but that isn't an option right now because of work. This is the splint I have: http://www.muellerrx.com/carpal-tunnelwrist-stabilizer-lgxl/

Thanks

Answer
if you are using it for carpal tunnel, then you should be doing a few things..... motrin type medicine, and the splint and using it as little as possible.   

if that doesn't work then sometimes we inject the wrist (for carpal tunnel) or more aggressive treatment......

Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions

Robert Borucki