Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions/Acid reflux

I'm 67 and normally in excellent health. I run daily and lift weights 3 times a week.  I've been on aciphex for many years due to chronic reflux problems. That drug has always worked well for me. A couple of weeks ago I suddenly developed acid type burning in my throat. It continued although intermittent and chewing a few gaviscons did not help. My pCp suggested I add zantac twice a day. This seems to work for short periods but the acid burning in my throat tends to return, particularly at night. I have an endoscopy every 2 years because I have Barrett's. All is fine at this time and my dr doesn't believe this to be an issue at this time. I guess I'm frustrated because I want this burning feeling to stop and don't know what else to do at this point. Interestingly enough, even with the reflux, my stomach is growling a lot and I'm always hungry. Is that typical? Any thoughts? Thanks......wonder if my lifting heavy weights could have caused this problem

with the change in pattern,  I would wonder about something else doing on..... atypical heart disease sounds unlikely but is not impossible.   But overall, with a change in reflux that was well controlled but now is not on the same medicine, with a good lifestyle, I would want an evaluation by a GI doctor.    You seem to be doing everything right, so I would not discount the symptoms......

Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions

Robert Borucki

I am an expert in Family Medicine and Emergency Medicine.

I am trained and boarded in Family Medicine and have also worked extensively in emergency medicine for over 10 years.

BA in Natural Sciences; MD in 1986\borucki