Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions/Cystitis

Question
Yesterday evening I randomly went for a wee and afterwards felt very uncomfortable in my gential area and in my lower body around my bladder, I felt like I have some urine left over and so I went to the toilet again and only a "dribble" of urine came out and throughout the night ive had it. It does not burn, or hurt atall it's just uncomfortable. My wee this morning was long and normal but once again afterwards I felt I needed to go again and I felt uncomfortable, ive had this before and managed to flush it out by drinking water and cranberry juice but I need to know if this time I can flush it out or if it's an infection but I have no burning or soreness.

Answer
Dear Katie,

From your description, it sounds like a urinary tract infection. An antibiotic may be needed, but only a test can identify if you have an infection or not. Cranberry juice is gook to keep the UTI at bay. But it needs to be Pure cranberry juice with nothing else added.  Cranberry juice cocktail will just make the UTI worse.  

Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions

Dr. Pamela M. Cipriano, DNP, APRN