Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions/liver function


Would it be tough to convince my doctor to run tests to see if my liver is functioning correctly because I've felt sharp pains on my right side and had sex with someone who at one previous time had Hep C?  I am worried I'm not doing enough for my health and my urologist isn't convinced I have prostatitis which I'd assumed was causing pains in that region but still have no  diagnosis so I am worried for everything else.

if it is any consolation, it is hard to get hep C thru sexual contact.... but if you came to me, I would check liver functions and if elevated, get the hep C antibody test, or possibly just get the hep C antibody test, if only to reassure you.  I hope this helps.

Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Robert Borucki


I am an expert in Family Medicine and Emergency Medicine.


I am trained and boarded in Family Medicine and have also worked extensively in emergency medicine for over 10 years.

BA in Natural Sciences; MD in 1986\borucki

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]