Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions/Lump still there after a fall....

QUESTION: Hi, I had fallen a couple of months ago on my front concrete steps.
It had left a huge bruise across the left side above my buttocks and to the side after a couple of days.There was no fracture on the x-ray.Yet, there is still a noticeable lump. Looks like my fat with a line like dent under it.Thats the best way that I know  to describe it.
I have felt it and there is a lump there.Is this something to be concerned about? I'd think it should be gone by now and if I press on it it is only slightly tender..

ANSWER: Often there is a big bruise and damage to the soft tissue.... When the bruise resolves there is sometimes a dent... Nothing to worry about and nothing to do since it isn't painful

QUESTION: Thanks for responding...
Really, after that amount of time, I thought it would go away...
When should I reasonably expect it to go away? I'm hoping that it won't
turn into a deformity? It's a decent size..
I am a 44 yr. old woman and care about my looks...:)

Sometimes a bruise is there and creates a new space... Then as the bruise resolves, the space remains and is filled with fluid... That is called a Seroma.  Sometime it can be drained (sucked out) with a big syringe the an ace wrap for a few days to compress that empty space will make it go away.  If that doesn't work, more in depth surgical drainage can do it....

Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions

Robert Borucki

I am an expert in Family Medicine and Emergency Medicine.

I am trained and boarded in Family Medicine and have also worked extensively in emergency medicine for over 10 years.

BA in Natural Sciences; MD in 1986\borucki