Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions/Arm

Hi I have like stretch marks on my upper arm and shoulder. The pics that I am posting just popped up one day. They are not surgery scars. Any idea what they are. I took steroids for 2 months straight. It was high doses. I take them for cluster headaches. I have taken steroids at least 10 times last year because all the medicines would not control my cluster headaches. So I finally got a good Neurologist that specializes in cluster headaches so I have not taken steroids in awhile. The steroids that I took lasted a month that is how high they were. It was a 54321 countdown. I also have these marks on my side and all in the groin area. I am a male. I am 22 years old. Thanks.

Dear Sean,

Stretch marks occur when the skin is stretched rapidly. This usually occurs during excessive weight gain usually seen in the abdominal area of pregnant women. If you gained and lost a significant amount of weight in a short period of time, stretch marks will appear.  

Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions

Dr. Pamela M. Cipriano, DNP, APRN

My name is Dr. Cipriano. I have a private practice specializing in adult health and wellness. I can answer questions associated with thyroid disease, cardiac disease, pulmonary disease, high blood pressure, muscular aches and pains, cholesterol levels, male/female sexual questions or questions on the sexual organs, gastrointestinal problems, healthy ways to lose weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle, and nearly anything else that pertains to medicine.

I am on the Medical Staff at a local hospital where I work as a medical/surgical hospitalist as well as in the emergency department. I am certified in critical care and advanced cardiac life support. Prior to becoming a Nurse Practitioner, I was a certified critical care nurse (CCRN).

Society of Hospital Medicine American Association of Critical Care Nurses American Association of Nurse Practitioners Connecticut Advance Nurse Practitioner Society

Maryville University 2014-2016 Doctor of Nursing Practice University of Connecticut 2007-2011 MSN, Acute Care Track Nurse Practitioner. Board Certified September 2011 Critical Care Certified 2014 Central Connecticut State University 2002-2006 BA Psychology St. Mary's Hospital School of Nursing 1991-1993 Diploma Nursing Registered Nurse

Named as a World Wide Leader in Healthcare and was included in the 2013-2014 edition by the International Nurses Association.