Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions/Angioedema causes?

Took 3 months of random lip and tongue swelling for my PCP to TSH was normal but hi folate and normal B12...but he says I need B12 a month...wht if the B12 is ok and the folate is just .5 point over range??? Also I am iron def anemia at age menopause, diabetic and high BP...was on Benicat HCTZ 10 yrs now he has jerked me from that to Norvasc which I HATe and he wont change it...been on it 10 days and have minimal mouth swelling but MIGRAINES every day al day and I want back on Benicar...I just do not think it causes the lip/tongue swelling...I am also on Metformin, Glipizide, Protonix, and Tranxene , Norvasc, rhyme or reason to timings of lip and tongue on Benadryl, carry it 24/7...sometimes foods, then other times same food no bother...

Dear Renell,

Whenever you have a provider that does not listen to you, it is time to change providers. You would not continue to take your car to a mechanic who did not listen to you. Confront your provider with your concerns. Angiedema is a serious complication from a number of things.  

Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions

Dr. Pamela M. Cipriano, DNP, APRN

My name is Dr. Cipriano. I have a private practice specializing in adult health and wellness. I can answer questions associated with thyroid disease, cardiac disease, pulmonary disease, high blood pressure, muscular aches and pains, cholesterol levels, male/female sexual questions or questions on the sexual organs, gastrointestinal problems, healthy ways to lose weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle, and nearly anything else that pertains to medicine.

I am on the Medical Staff at a local hospital where I work as a medical/surgical hospitalist as well as in the emergency department. I am certified in critical care and advanced cardiac life support. Prior to becoming a Nurse Practitioner, I was a certified critical care nurse (CCRN).

Society of Hospital Medicine American Association of Critical Care Nurses American Association of Nurse Practitioners Connecticut Advance Nurse Practitioner Society

Maryville University 2014-2016 Doctor of Nursing Practice University of Connecticut 2007-2011 MSN, Acute Care Track Nurse Practitioner. Board Certified September 2011 Critical Care Certified 2014 Central Connecticut State University 2002-2006 BA Psychology St. Mary's Hospital School of Nursing 1991-1993 Diploma Nursing Registered Nurse

Named as a World Wide Leader in Healthcare and was included in the 2013-2014 edition by the International Nurses Association.