Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions/Lyme disease

I am a 30 year old male. For the past few months I have been dealing with frequent morning headaches behind the eye. I didn't think much of it until I started feeling other symptoms. Now when I wake up in the morning or to use the bathroom in the middle of the night I wake up with an internal vibration sensation starting from my head and traveling to the rest of my body. The vibration isn't visible but certainly felt. They were so bad the other night that I made a trip to the ER fearing a stroke or something really serious. They ordered an MRI which came back clean. Along with my headache I am getting twitches across my entire body as well as a tingly sensation on the tip of my tongue and one ankle. After the MRI I was told to get a lyme test. (I plan on getting) I do live in the northeast and Lyme disease is relevant in my area so do these symptoms indicate possible lyme? It's worth noting I never noticed that "bullseye" rash or had flu like symptoms so without those present I wasn't even sure it was possible.

Dear Alex,

I too live in Connecticut and Lyme is very prevalent this year. The bulls eye is not always present or noticed. There are a number of symptoms associated with Lyme disease, too numerous to list. I recommend getting the test done as soon as possible and starting on therapy if the test result is positive.  

Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions

Dr. Pamela M. Cipriano, DNP, APRN

My name is Dr. Cipriano. I have a private practice specializing in adult health and wellness. I can answer questions associated with thyroid disease, cardiac disease, pulmonary disease, high blood pressure, muscular aches and pains, cholesterol levels, male/female sexual questions or questions on the sexual organs, gastrointestinal problems, healthy ways to lose weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle, and nearly anything else that pertains to medicine.

I am on the Medical Staff at a local hospital where I work as a medical/surgical hospitalist as well as in the emergency department. I am certified in critical care and advanced cardiac life support. Prior to becoming a Nurse Practitioner, I was a certified critical care nurse (CCRN).

Society of Hospital Medicine American Association of Critical Care Nurses American Association of Nurse Practitioners Connecticut Advance Nurse Practitioner Society

Maryville University 2014-2016 Doctor of Nursing Practice University of Connecticut 2007-2011 MSN, Acute Care Track Nurse Practitioner. Board Certified September 2011 Critical Care Certified 2014 Central Connecticut State University 2002-2006 BA Psychology St. Mary's Hospital School of Nursing 1991-1993 Diploma Nursing Registered Nurse

Named as a World Wide Leader in Healthcare and was included in the 2013-2014 edition by the International Nurses Association.