Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions/numbness?

Question
Hello pamela,
I am hoping you can help me, and if not, direct me to someone who potentially can. The problem is a little bit strange, I often get numbness or loss of sensation in my top left leg and groin area. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's all of the time but I notice it more certain times. For example if I've been sleeping or lying down. I never used to notice it, so I can't recall how long it's been there for but I've been noticing it for the past few months. I don't get it anywhere else apart from underneath my breasts and nipples ( I had breast augmentation in march) could it at all be linked that or is it not possible? I can scratch and even to a certain extent, nip the area, and still not feel anything, yet at the minute as I sit in my car waiting to pick my partner up from work, it isn't so bad, I can feel it a lot more. Any ideas?
Many thanks and kindest regards,
Amy Foster

Answer
Dear Amy,

Loss of sensation is due to nerves. The groin and the top of your thigh are associated with the lumbar spine dermatones. Are you experiencing back pain? Have you noticed and loss of stability? A visit to a neurologist will rule out other possible causes like multiple sclerosis or Lyme disease.  

Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions

Dr. Pamela M. Cipriano, DNP, APRN