Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions/Weird vibrations

I am a 30 year old male. For the past few weeks I have been experiencing internal vibrations while I am about to fall asleep and in the first 30 seconds upon waking. I feel the pulsations in my head first and then soon the rest of my body. Once I fall asleep I stay asleep until it's time to get up or if I need to get up to use the bathroom etc....I was getting some headaches and twitches randomly across the entire body while I was awake so I went to my PCP who sent me for an MRI which came back clean. The twitches have subsided substantially but not completely gone. I still get these vibrations at night and occasional vibration in my left quad while awake.. I do get myself worked up when these happens so I am not sure how much stress/anxiety plays into this as I have the fear of getting MS/ALS. I originally was fearing a brain tumor but since the MRI came back clean my PCP and mentally have dismissed that. I was also tested for Lyme disease but it came back negative which I was really thinking might be the cause since it seemed like I had all the symptoms. I do live in CT so lyme is always a concern but it's worth noting I never notices the bullseye rash. I have an appointment to see a neurologist but I can't get in for weeks so I am looking for some answers in the meantime as again I fear the worst with a serious neurological disease. Have you ever seen or heard of such a thing? I appreciate any thoughts.

Dear Alex,

MS would most likely have shown up in the MRI of your brain. Unfortunately, you will get your best answers from the neurologist. I would strongly recommend not looking things up on the internet. Anyone with a computer can post very scary, incorrect information.  

Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions

Dr. Pamela M. Cipriano, DNP, APRN

My name is Dr. Cipriano. I have a private practice specializing in adult health and wellness. I can answer questions associated with thyroid disease, cardiac disease, pulmonary disease, high blood pressure, muscular aches and pains, cholesterol levels, male/female sexual questions or questions on the sexual organs, gastrointestinal problems, healthy ways to lose weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle, and nearly anything else that pertains to medicine.

I am on the Medical Staff at a local hospital where I work as a medical/surgical hospitalist as well as in the emergency department. I am certified in critical care and advanced cardiac life support. Prior to becoming a Nurse Practitioner, I was a certified critical care nurse (CCRN).

Society of Hospital Medicine American Association of Critical Care Nurses American Association of Nurse Practitioners Connecticut Advance Nurse Practitioner Society

Maryville University 2014-2016 Doctor of Nursing Practice University of Connecticut 2007-2011 MSN, Acute Care Track Nurse Practitioner. Board Certified September 2011 Critical Care Certified 2014 Central Connecticut State University 2002-2006 BA Psychology St. Mary's Hospital School of Nursing 1991-1993 Diploma Nursing Registered Nurse

Named as a World Wide Leader in Healthcare and was included in the 2013-2014 edition by the International Nurses Association.