You are here:

Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions/Anxious feeling, sweaty palms, shaly hands high bp


About 6 weeks ago went to the hospital with the sweaty palms, shaky hands, nervousness and bp was 190/123. They kept me over nite 28th a heart monitor on took ex rays of my heart and did blood work! All checked out fine. Was then out on lisinopril 10 mg a day for the bp! Still having the nervous feeling with all other symptoms! I used to take valerian without any problems for restful sleep but I also know it helps 28th anxiety but need to know if it effects the lisinopril! Any known drug interactions?
Thank u!

Hi Justin,

Thanks for your questions.

Lisinopril belongs to a very commonly used class of blood pressure medicine called ACE inhibitors. It is purely for your blood pressure, and won't affect anxiety or tremor etc.  

Valerian is a herbal medicine. There is limited data about its interactions. Just glancing over this summary chart from University of Florida, College of Pharmacy, no known interaction is listed between Valerian and lisinopril:

My feeling is Valerian probably does not affect lisinopril in a significant way. However more data is required to confirm this. Hope these answer your questions.

Just throwing in some ideas: in people who have pretty high blood pressure, sweatiness, tremor and nervousness, overactive adrenal gland may seldomly be the cause. It is uncommon, but might be worthwhile asking your regular doctor about it. Chances are your adrenal glands are fine, but doesn't hurt asking. Without having seen or examined you in person, if anything I say contradicts or disagrees with your doctor, then definitely go with the doctor who saw you physically properly.

Good luck! Let me know how you go in due course if you remember and don't mind.

Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


George Wang


I can answer most of your general medical questions to some extent. My role as a general practitioner is to screen for & advise on preventable diseases; diagnose common conditions across all fields of medicine and advise on early treatment options; identify serious illnesses and refer onto relevant specialists for further input if required. If you think your question is something your usual family doctor can answer, then quite likely I can too. You can write to me in English or Chinese whichever you prefer.


I am a fellow of Royal Australian College of General Practitioners. I practiced as a general practitioner in Australia, as well as work in Emergency and Radiologist departments.

RACGP (Royal Australian College of General Practitioners) RANZCR (Royal Australian & New Zealand College of Radiologists) ASUM (Australasian Society of Ultrasonography in Medicine)

MBBS, BSc(Med) from University of New South Wales. FRACGP. Postgraduate diploma in surgical anatomy from University of Melbourne. Currently studying master of medicine at Sydney University, and diploma of medical ultrasonography.

©2017 All rights reserved.