Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions/FLATULENCE & PERSPIRATION

I find myself breaking wind all day long and it can be up to 30 times a day.  I'm eating a well balanced diet, so I don't think it's that.................  Also, at night, I sweat a lot when it gets too warm.  I try to find the right balance with the duvet - if it is too light, I'm too cold, if it's too heavy, I sweat!  HELP!  I feel that I'm the only one suffering from these problems!!

Dear Karmie,

Flatulence is a normal part of the digestive system. Foods high in fiber may cause more gas than other types of foods. It is normal to pass gas approximately 30 times a day. You can try adjusting your diet to produce less gas. This would mean decreasing the amount of broccoli, beans, and other gas producing foods. As far as the sweating and freezing at bedtime, this is also normal. It can be hormonal changes or your metabolism. Try using a medium weighted blanket for comfort.  

Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions

Dr. Pamela M. Cipriano, DNP, APRN

My name is Dr. Cipriano. I have a private practice specializing in adult health and wellness. I can answer questions associated with thyroid disease, cardiac disease, pulmonary disease, high blood pressure, muscular aches and pains, cholesterol levels, male/female sexual questions or questions on the sexual organs, gastrointestinal problems, healthy ways to lose weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle, and nearly anything else that pertains to medicine.

I am on the Medical Staff at a local hospital where I work as a medical/surgical hospitalist as well as in the emergency department. I am certified in critical care and advanced cardiac life support. Prior to becoming a Nurse Practitioner, I was a certified critical care nurse (CCRN).

Society of Hospital Medicine American Association of Critical Care Nurses American Association of Nurse Practitioners Connecticut Advance Nurse Practitioner Society

Maryville University 2014-2016 Doctor of Nursing Practice University of Connecticut 2007-2011 MSN, Acute Care Track Nurse Practitioner. Board Certified September 2011 Critical Care Certified 2014 Central Connecticut State University 2002-2006 BA Psychology St. Mary's Hospital School of Nursing 1991-1993 Diploma Nursing Registered Nurse

Named as a World Wide Leader in Healthcare and was included in the 2013-2014 edition by the International Nurses Association.