Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions/Getting pregnant while taking protein powder

Hi my name is Jordan and my wife and I are trying to conceive and she is craniosacral (sp?) Doctor and she told her I should stop taking my protein powder because it can make me fertile so this doctor says. I have looked online and can't come up with a result if it does or not. Can you offer a second opinion? I take Muscle Pharm combat P.P.

As a side not, we have gotten pregnant before while I was taking this protein before, but it turned into a "missed miscarriage"

Dear Jordan,

I did a literature search on your question and found the following site. This site is specific to infertility and is research based. In other words, there is a great deal of science behind these claims. You can delve is deeper by reading the research papers that are associated with each claim. From what I gathered, a high protein diet causes a low sperm count and weak sperm. In order to conceive, many sperm are required in order to reach the egg and strong sperm are needed in order to penetrate the layers surrounding the egg to fertilize the egg and conceive.

Cutting out the protein shakes in a small price to pay to keep harmony in your relationship and start your family. Once the pregnancy test returns with a positive result, you can go right back to your daily routine including your protein shakes.  

Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions

Dr. Pamela M. Cipriano, DNP, APRN

My name is Dr. Cipriano. I have a private practice specializing in adult health and wellness. I can answer questions associated with thyroid disease, cardiac disease, pulmonary disease, high blood pressure, muscular aches and pains, cholesterol levels, male/female sexual questions or questions on the sexual organs, gastrointestinal problems, healthy ways to lose weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle, and nearly anything else that pertains to medicine.

I am on the Medical Staff at a local hospital where I work as a medical/surgical hospitalist as well as in the emergency department. I am certified in critical care and advanced cardiac life support. Prior to becoming a Nurse Practitioner, I was a certified critical care nurse (CCRN).

Society of Hospital Medicine American Association of Critical Care Nurses American Association of Nurse Practitioners Connecticut Advance Nurse Practitioner Society

Maryville University 2014-2016 Doctor of Nursing Practice University of Connecticut 2007-2011 MSN, Acute Care Track Nurse Practitioner. Board Certified September 2011 Critical Care Certified 2014 Central Connecticut State University 2002-2006 BA Psychology St. Mary's Hospital School of Nursing 1991-1993 Diploma Nursing Registered Nurse

Named as a World Wide Leader in Healthcare and was included in the 2013-2014 edition by the International Nurses Association.