Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions/Forced urine

Question
Hi
I tried to urinate the other day and when I went nothing came out so in the moment I increased the pressure of the urine. While the pressure build It felt as if the urine was going backwords and a pain/pressure(?) Moved back towards the testicles specifically the right maybe also up behidn the penis?. My urine finally pushed through. I checked a tissue that I used after urinating and there was a very slight pink tinge to the urine. The pain didn't last to long after maybe a hour??. And definitely by the next day no pain.
What happened? Should I be worried?

Answer
HI M.,

From your description, you may have passed a small kidney stone. I recommend increasing you water intake to a minimum of 8 - 8 ounce or 240 ml of water daily and avoid caffeinated beverages. You can also follow up with your doctor if the symptoms return.  

Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions

Dr. Pamela M. Cipriano, DNP, APRN