Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions/Weird sensation in fingers

Question
Hello Doctor, I am having this continuous sensation in my fingers in my right hand (which is exactly like we often feel in our legs if we are sitting in a particular position for a long time, which goes away within seconds if we shake our legs or otherwise also...I dont know the medical term for it) since about 2 weeks now. I am a housewife and mother of a 3 month old. Earlier when I used to hold my baby while feeding her, I would experience the sensation in my fingers but it would go away within seconds. But it has been lingering since last 2 weeks. I use my laptop everyday for studying surfing and taking notes. Could this be because of frequent use of laptop (typing etc.) or because of holding my baby for long hours?? I also did some hard manual household work at home the day before I started feeling it. I am not having any trouble in doing day to day work. Do I need to visit a doctor or can I hope this will subside soon?

Answer
Dear Manisha,

It sounds like you have a pinched nerve. This can be from carpal tunnel or it can be originating from your neck. I would recommend a visit with your doctor to get a better understanding of what is causing the problem and if there is anything that can be done to help it. Many times physical therapy will help to release the nerve. Speak with your doctor about this.  

Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions

Dr. Pamela M. Cipriano, DNP, APRN