Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions/rumbling

i'm going to try this once more...the 2 answers I received from doctors are advising what to do for diarrhea.  gatorade etc. I can't stress enough that I don't have diarrhea.  I have since found out to my relief it has something to do with the colon ecosystem an imbalance, because of a bug I had.  which was a couple of weeks ago.  I didn't vomit, I didn't have diarrhea.  I had a couple of loose movements but not at all I would say is diarrhea.  just felt a little queasy all day, then better .I understand that bacteria gets into the intestines and causes certain symptoms.  I have a rumbling  NOT all day.  And then when I use the bathroom gas comes out with loose fecal matter.  I was relieved to hear about this ecosystem thing. They suggest yogurt and whatever femented vegetables ..I'm afraid of the yogurt I would think it would cause it to be worse.  will that
help get rid of this and put the ecosystem back in balance.  I have to put this on private for a good reason.  thank you

Dear Jan,

The colonic ecosystem is made of of bacteria, yeast, and fungus, all of which need to survive in order to keep balance. When one is deprived, the others grow out of control causing the symptoms you are describing. Yogurt is advised because it has lactobacillus. It is a live yeast which helps to get the balance back in the colon. Some other options include a probiotic or you can purchase lactobacillus in pill form. Chia seeds, mixed in fluid, can be ingested and have many heatlhty properties including a form of a probiotic.  

Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions

Dr. Pamela M. Cipriano, DNP, APRN

My name is Dr. Cipriano. I have a private practice specializing in adult health and wellness. I can answer questions associated with thyroid disease, cardiac disease, pulmonary disease, high blood pressure, muscular aches and pains, cholesterol levels, male/female sexual questions or questions on the sexual organs, gastrointestinal problems, healthy ways to lose weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle, and nearly anything else that pertains to medicine.

I am on the Medical Staff at a local hospital where I work as a medical/surgical hospitalist as well as in the emergency department. I am certified in critical care and advanced cardiac life support. Prior to becoming a Nurse Practitioner, I was a certified critical care nurse (CCRN).

Society of Hospital Medicine American Association of Critical Care Nurses American Association of Nurse Practitioners Connecticut Advance Nurse Practitioner Society

Maryville University 2014-2016 Doctor of Nursing Practice University of Connecticut 2007-2011 MSN, Acute Care Track Nurse Practitioner. Board Certified September 2011 Critical Care Certified 2014 Central Connecticut State University 2002-2006 BA Psychology St. Mary's Hospital School of Nursing 1991-1993 Diploma Nursing Registered Nurse

Named as a World Wide Leader in Healthcare and was included in the 2013-2014 edition by the International Nurses Association.