Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions/Questions Answered by Expert Yusuf (JP) Saleeby, MD

SubjectDate Asked
Hashimoto's12/15/2015
  Q: I am a 26 year old female, and I was diagnosed with hashimoto's 4 years ago. I alternate between ...
  A: Danielle, This is a complex question with many issues. First TSH should not enter into the picture ...
Furniture Accidents11/29/2015
  Q: please complete the following survey. Lester Ibarra Furniture Accident Survey My name is Lester ...
  A: 1. How common have you received patients for furniture accidents? • Sometimes 2. How sever were the ...
Staphylococcus11/15/2015
  Q: I developed an abscess 3 days ago. On day 2 I went to the ER to have it drained. I was prescribed ...
  A: Get yourself back to the ER or to your Primary Care physician. The abscess may not have been ...
Thyroid9/27/2015
  Q: I have gotten my Thyroid checked many times and I fit a lot of the symptoms of Hypothyrodism. ...
  A: April, Yes, I have a satellite office in Cary, NC. Much of my Holistic Integrative Functional ...
Autism9/17/2015
  Q: My son is 4yrs old...met all his mile stones but at the age of 2 he started to regress. I told his ...
  A: Autism is a spectrum disorder with not just a YES or NO, but a degree. So some children have a very ...
Thyroid Issue8/3/2015
  Q: My TSH results where 3.70 and 3.11 respectively in the past week. My T3 AND T4 where normal. My ...
  A: Scott, I practice in Cary, NC with Priority Health Triange. I specialize in thyroid disorders and ...
flu vaccine5/25/2015
  Q: I got flu vaccine on october 2013. but unfortunately couldn't do it on october 2014. is it ok for me ...
  A: Nawd, Count your blessings for NOT getting vaccinated with the 2014-15 vaccine for influenza A & B. ...
no more pill?2/16/2015
  Q: I have hashimoto under active since I was 20 . Now 39. I switched doctors. New endocrinologist ...
  A: It is hard to find a Thyroid Literate Doctor... www.StopTheThyroidMadness.com (or .org) is a good ...
Muscle aches2/10/2015
  Q: Dr. Saleeby, I'm 30 years old and 6 weeks postpartum from my c section.. I'm also breastfeeding. ...
  A: Sarah, Post partum thyroid dysfunction is pretty common. Almost 1:4 women have some type of ...
Lip quiver1/29/2015
  Q: I was at the dentist the other day getting my teeth cleaned. While the hygentist was cleaning my ...
  A: Yes, Cindy... likely your jaw and mastication (chewing) muscles were fatigued from having your mouth ...
Hashimoto's / Hypothyroidism1/7/2015
  Q: I have low thyroid. My sister says it's hashimoto. My real question is this; my daughter, 38 yrs ...
  A: Victoria, Hashimoto's is the #1 cause of hypothyroidism in American women these days. It is an ...
over sensitive to carbohydrates?7/14/2014
  Q: Dr., I am 55. I am not diabetic, although I do have the symptoms of metabolic syndrome. Diabetes ...
  A: Bud, You have a condition called IRS... Insulin Resistance Syndrome... it is very common and multi ...
Estrogen6/17/2014
  Q: I was given estrogen cream for an overactive bladder problem and read that it can cause cancer and ...
  A: Dottie, that is a very hot topic. Well it depends on what type of estrogen. If the estrogen is ...
Help for constipation - Mg to the rescue6/4/2014
  Q: Which type of magnesium is better at relieving constipation? Magnesium citrate or magnesium oxide? ...
  A: Elemental magnesium is an important element for our bodies. Mg when used as a laxative or to ...
high C reactive protein count5/21/2014
  Q: My father's blood test shows high C reactive protein count (100mg/l). He is at the age of 64. What ...
  A: CRP is made in the liver... it is a NON SPECIFIC biomarker of inflammation. hs-CRP is more specific ...
am i taking right treatment??5/10/2014
  Q: my mother aged 50 years is suffering from hyper tension, diabetes, cervical pain from many years and ...
  A: Samreen, Your mother is on multiple meds [(seco 500 mg(mecobalamin), voltral 50 (diclofenac ...
diet during kidney stone4/18/2014
  Q: Hey my name is mohit & iam 17yrs old iam suffering from kidney stone so plz tell me what to eat ...
  A: Mohit, First it is important to know what type of kidney (renal) stones you produce. The most ...
gain weight4/10/2014
  Q: hey this is aman.I am thin.I want to Gain weight.My age is 18 years. Height 168 cm. weight 48. Is it ...
  A: The question should be ''how to gain healthy weight''... anyone can gain weight, but gaining fat ...
Vitamin D2/28/2014
  Q: Saleeby, I am male, 35 yrs old, never smoked, never drank alcohol, never did drugs in all my life. ...
  A: SK, I think with a serum level of 76 you are FINE with your current replacment strategy. Better ...
trying hard to understand my symptoms2/7/2014
  Q: I am trying to figure out what is going on. I am a 50-year-old female with Hashimoto’s, and I am in ...
  A: Cantrell, I have many female patients with similar complaints. Often they are hypothyroid and some ...
Honey with Redoxon (Vit. C)10/7/2013
  Q: I'm a 31 years old Malaysian Indian female. I hope you have heard of Redoxon Vitamin C + Zink. I ...
  A: T, There is absolutely NO contraindication to taking this Vitamin C + Zinc combination with Honey. ...
WBC Count9/17/2013
  Q: I'm 36 years old, i made several medical testing of CBC for 8 years ago. Usually the value of WBC ...
  A: Mahmoud, At age 36 even if you are in general good health it is recommended that at least every two ...
periods - PMS7/11/2013
  Q: i am 48 and my periods stopped about 6 years ago i don't have any symptoms of any kind just wanted ...
  A: Sandra, By definition no period (menstraul) for 12-months is menopause, so you are post-menopausal. ...
MRSA/STAPH of internal ears6/30/2013
  Q: My mother-in-law (93 yr. old, caucasian with chronic on going internal ear infections, pus, ...
  A: Becky, MRSA was virtually unheard of 10 years ago and only seen in the ICU or nursing homes... now ...
human growth hormone6/16/2013
  Q: im a 30 year old male . im planning on having my silicone cheek implants removed. im very concerned ...
  A: Mark, human Growth Hormone (rhGH) should never be administered strictly for cosmetic reasons ...
Low carb not working?6/9/2013
  Q: Is it possible that very low carb diets dont work for some people, possibly because of genetics? ...
  A: It is very likely genetics... in particular the Apo-E genotype that you may possess... Genomic ...
Nose Bleeding4/13/2013
  Q: Greetings of the day! Hi, Doctor myself sapna my questions is about Nose Bleeding I am suffering ...
  A: Sapna, You MUST be evaluated by a Western minded Doctor as there could be several reasons for the ...
urine and blood4/3/2013
  Q: can painless bright red urine in 15 year old boy with no other symptom which occur only 1 day and ...
  A: Karan, Very unlikely in that age group, but w/ normal US and microscopic tests that is even more ...
Osteoporosis3/25/2013
  Q: Am 18 years old and I suffer from osteoporosis, I have always eaten well and there should be no ...
  A: 18 is very young to suffer osteopenia and osteoporosis. There is a very rare genetic disorder that ...
Blood Clots3/2/2013
  Q: What causes a woman to have blood clots all over her body, mainly in leg, chest ,and around the ...
  A: Colene, There are many reasons a women can be high risk for blood clots (hypercoagulation disorder) ...
"scores"?2/5/2013
  Q: I am a 66 year old male. What are good or healthy "scores" for the following tests? PSA, A1C, (I am ...
  A: Donald, For a 66 year old man I would say for the PSA and HbA1c scores the following: PSA is being ...
weight is 6kg less and not weight gain2/3/2013
  Q: Yusuf (JP) Saleeby, MD, I'm male,non vegetarian,44 yrs,167.5cm height and weight 58kg.I'm eating ...
  A: Kumar, What other blood tests exactly? Could be malabsportion disorder w/ low Fe. Could be ...
Is there proof this is true?1/31/2013
  Q: In Anthony Robbins Book "Unlimited Power" on page 160 he says the most effective way to breathe in ...
  A: Sterling, Beware the snake oil salesperson. The body has it own regulatory mechanism for blowing ...
Blood Preasure1/30/2013
  Q: My Father is 70 year old, He has his blood pressure, his Blood pressure is changing very often even ...
  A: Jayanta, Those reading fall within what we now classify as pre-hypertension (formerly borderline ...
Vit D deficiency1/18/2013
  Q: I apologise in advance if this is not within your specialty. I am a 36 yr old, fit, healthy female ...
  A: G, A level of 38 is not considered too low. Depends on which reference laboratory you use. Read ...
treatment alternatives1/6/2013
  Q: I have been taking lipator for four or five year but would love to find an alternative to statin ...
  A: Roxy, With regards to Question #1 about statins: You will find you answer to ''statin'' therapy ...
Syncope (fainting spell)12/31/2012
  Q: about 2 weeks ago I experienced symptoms similar to fainting, but did lose consciousness: broke out ...
  A: Marie, It is always a very good idea to follow up with your PCP (MD) after some episode such as ...
HIV? Just wondering12/8/2012
  Q: I am a 55 yr old male and was wondering about hiv. I received unprotected oral sex from a girl way ...
  A: Steve, High risk exposure (multiple sex partners, risky sexual encounters, male-on-male ...
Vit D deficiency & Bradycardia11/28/2012
  Q: My son [15] has marked bradycardia, HR around 40, sinus rhythm with 2 syncopes. We are trying to ...
  A: Maria, You may find the following interesting: There is apparently a connection between VitD and ...
Vitamin D Side effects11/21/2012
  Q: Saleeby, I've been taking a vitamin D supplement for a few months now. The pill is 400 IUs and I ...
  A: James, Anything is possible, I have never heard of such a low dose of Vitamin D causing any ...
blood pressure11/16/2012
  Q: Should I expect a slight increase in BP to accomplish a normal blood flow?
  A: Frank, It depends on the type of medication you are taking to lower HR. Many agents used to reduce ...
Healthy for life11/15/2012
  Q: Saleeby, Before I ask my question I would like to thank you for volunteering your time to help ...
  A: Jeremy, First the question is not simple. It is complex in many ways and must be individualized by ...
My husband's horrible diet11/6/2012
  Q: My husband is a 39-year-old men who has been on a horrible diet since he started college. His main ...
  A: Lynn, To answer your questions: 1. what will happen to him down the road if he continues this ...
goal weight?10/12/2012
  Q: Dr I am 53. I have finally found a good formula to lose weight after lots of 'fads'. I am eating low ...
  A: Bud, Height and weight charts are: http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm But ...
Ginseng, Jiaogulan and saponins?10/10/2012
  Q: I have done some reading on the internet on adaptogenic herbs, mainly ginseng and jiaogulan. I read ...
  A: Michaël, For all the details on Adaptogens especially the ones in question, I would say read my ...
vegetarian & WBC drop9/26/2012
  Q: I'm 61 and became vegetarian almost 3 years ago. Six months later I had a CBC and my values were all ...
  A: WBC values can fluxuate from day to day and be due to exposures to infectious diseases such as a ...
does anti rabies injection is required for 2 month baby9/15/2012
  Q: I am Satya from India.I need your suggestion regarding my kid. He is now 2 month old. We have one ...
  A: Satya, If the cat has been inoculated with the rabies vaccine, the answer is no. If the cat can be ...
hypersensitive TSH details8/25/2012
  Q: I am 53 years always feeling cold, fatigue, dry skin and have heart problem. After consulting a ...
  A: L, Your symptoms list reflects many of the symptoms of hypothyroidism (low thyroid function). Your ...
Ears8/21/2012
  Q: I always wear ear plugs when going surfing. Yet one time I could not find them at the beach so I ...
  A: Anon, Surfer's Ear is the formation of bony prominences in the ear canal due to CHRONIC cold water ...
Soy/Tofu8/7/2012
  Q: I am a 22 year old male, of overall good health. I have recently decided to become a vegetarian (for ...
  A: Shane, Protein from fish and soy are good in moderation. Don't rely on any one thing too much. ...
hydration for elderly person6/8/2012
  Q: My mother in law is 85 years old. For a while now I have noticed that she is having difficulty ...
  A: Stroke (CVA) often leads to dysarthria and dysphagia or difficulty with swallowing which can lead to ...
Pneumonia6/6/2012
  Q: I was affected by pneumonia 3 month before. I took azithromycin 500 mg once a day and cefpodoxime ...
  A: A, With the series of several rounds of antibiotics I would be concerned with yeast or fungal ...
Do kids need to take vitamin D3 pill? - Vit D & K4/29/2012
  Q: My daughter is 7, she has been taking Flintstone complete multi-vitamin since she was two. She also ...
  A: Vitamin D / D2 / D3 and lets not forget about Vit. K: Dietary supplements are important in children ...
Hormones4/8/2012
  Q: What is the best way to get the proper balance of hormones after age 30 and make cell receptors ...
  A: James, Testing is critical. You want your total and %Free Testosterone levels checked as well as ...
Getting hungry too fast4/7/2012
  Q: Saleeby, I've been playing tennis almost everyday for about a month but I've noticed for awhile now ...
  A: Shane, There may be more then one reason for the increased hunger. Increased activity may actually ...
Metabolism4/6/2012
  Q: What causes a person's metabolism to slow down when they get older? It seems to me that when ...
  A: James, The reasons are multifaceted. Principle among the reasons is hormonal. The hormones such ...
Catches whatever goes around4/3/2012
  Q: My best friend is a big strong guy, former jock, strong as an ox. He doesnt smoke, doent overdo ...
  A: Bud, It all depends on the inner workings of the host immune system. Some people are genetically ...
Blood test3/8/2012
  Q: I recently had a liver function blood test and my results shows S ALT 71U/L (Normal range is 5-40) ...
  A: Jay, You have at least two elevated liver transaminase enzymes (or liver biomarkers). This would ...
Fungal Infection - Candida Systemic/Intestinal3/7/2012
  Q: recently I went to a naturopathic doctor who is confident I have a fungal infection (I think he ...
  A: Shane, I have practiced integrative and preventive medicine for 12+ years and to this day have ...
MicroNutrient Testing - SpectraCell3/1/2012
  Q: What is your opinion of the MicroNutrient blood tests? There is a company by the name of SpectraCell ...
  A: Pam, Aware of Spectracell and what they offer. There are other companies with similar offerings. ...
Is it time to hang up the sneakers for good?2/27/2012
  Q: Dr I am 53. Although I am overweight, I work out on a regular basis with weights and cardio. I want ...
  A: Bud, One must always move to remain healthy and alive. Slow down or relegate yourself to the couch ...
liver damage - Mono (EBV)2/12/2012
  Q: how are you? I hope you can help me understand some things as the liver specialist doctor is on ...
  A: T, Yes, it sounds like mononucleosis (Epstein Barre Virus) infection that can look like strep ...
blood_sugar level- Diabetes Mellitus2/3/2012
  Q: My age is 47 and female weight is 64 . I came to know that I have excess blood sugar level two ...
  A: Sheetal, With blood glucose levels approaching 300 you will need to be under the care of a doctor. ...
bitten cheek1/7/2012
  Q: Sometimes when I am chewing my food I inadvertently bite my cheek (the inside of my cheek), and it ...
  A: Al, Would be good to f/u with a dentist to make sure bite alignment is OK and also there is no ...
IBS & Anise Seed Tea12/1/2011
  Q: If someone has IBS could drinking too much Anise seed tea cause them to have diarrhea and/or any ...
  A: Ken, Anise tea is recommended as a therapy (therapeutic) tea/beverage for the relief of IBS. and ...
Diabetes and Multi Vitamin11/29/2011
  Q: My mother is law is 55 years old and insulin dependent type 2 diabetic. Is it ok if she take one ...
  A: Faisal, YES and NO.... Yest to a multivitamin, with some trace elements being beneficial for ...
Gluten Free Diets11/14/2011
  Q: Dr Is it possible to be sensitive to wheat or flour, but not have celiac disease? There seems be be ...
  A: Barry, As with everything these days. What is health for a few, seems to be the trend for all. ...
Help an elderly11/1/2011
  Q: I am trying to help elderly keep a healthy heart with little or no effort. I learned that adrenaline ...
  A: Cardiac health is quite complex and may depend on underlying health issues (Diabetes, hypertension, ...
Use of oxygen for seniors4/5/2011
  Q: My mother is 86, just started using portable oxygen. Before she started on the oxygen, her hands ...
  A: Cyanosis is the term used when one is not getting adequate oxygen for any variety of reasons... poor ...
hot flashes and longevity4/1/2011
  Q: Is it true that women who suffer from extensive hot flashes during and after menopause have less ...
  A: Deb, There is some article by Libo Li, MS, circulating the internet that states that menopause is ...
HIV3/31/2011
  Q: How long can you live with HIV. I got it in 1986 and have dipped into Aids about 4 times as far as ...
  A: Richard, That is a loaded question. It really all depends on many factors: 1. Age 2. State of ...
vitamin deficiency3/28/2011
  Q: Just wanted to know if there are any diseases or conditions that can cause vitamin deficiencies. I ...
  A: Katie, Besides poor diet, there are conditions that can lead to vitamin deficiency. There are ...
Subclinical Hypothyroidism3/2/2011
  Q: If someone has Subclinical Hypothyroidism and needs a blood transfusion is there and risk because of ...
  A: Mike, There are no contraindications to a blood transfusion when a patient has any form of ...
foot pain from Treadmill2/27/2011
  Q: For the past 3 weeks I've been getting a mild aching pain on the side of my foot. I started using ...
  A: This forum is not for the diagnosis or treatment of illness/disease. However what you are ...
HIV Positive2/2/2011
  Q: i am 25 years old and i was diagnosed with HIV 2years ago. I was wondering if you could help me with ...
  A: Nonhlanhla, Are you on any anti-HIV drug cocktail? There are many things to stimulate appetite, ...
Soy-Good or Bad?1/6/2011
  Q: I have been vegan for several years and have recently become concerned about soy, as I have been ...
  A: A, There is good and bad about soy. Moderation in all things, as too much soy is goiterogenic. ...
Relora1/3/2011
  Q: I've read that a supplement called Relora is effective for stress and is a natural supplement. I ...
  A: Sean, Relora is a patent (TCM combination herbal preparation) with main ingredients to include ...
Asprin and Fish Cord Oil1/1/2011
  Q: my mother is taking Seven Seas fish liver cord oil capsules and one tablet of Asprin 75Mg (Loprin) ...
  A: Faisal, Low dose Aspirin (ASA) is a platelet inhibitor and Fish oil (Cod liver oil) or ...
HDL cholesterol and beyone12/17/2010
  Q: I read that high HDL cholesterol is beneficial to the average adult. Can you tell me the range as to ...
  A: Al, Most reference labs will give a range over 41 as beneficial. However, there is no upper limit ...
enlarged prostate12/6/2010
  Q: I have an enlarged prostate gland. If I were to go to a doctor and tell him that I urinate ...
  A: Al, There is a lot of information out there on BPH... here are a few links to sites that will ...
scale11/18/2010
  Q: I have managed to bring my belt in three notches, and I look better in the mirror, through a ...
  A: Gord, Yes, at 52 it is hard to fight the midsection bulge. Mostly due to changes in metabolism ...
water - Calcium11/9/2010
  Q: I am using a Zero Water filter. It takes out all total dissolved solids down to zero registered on ...
  A: Marie, Unless your only oral intake is nothing but pure water from your filter system then it is ...
GOUT and travel11/3/2010
  Q: My 52 year old husband has gout. He has not have any recent attack. Last one was about a year ago. ...
  A: Eva, There are meds to prevent gout and those that treat the intermittant flare ups. Best advice ...
bleeding11/1/2010
  Q: I am 39 years of age. I am in good health but I bleed easy when I bump my hand or arm against a car ...
  A: The skin, our largest organ, is our first line of defense against infection. Once it is broken by ...
low thyroid - natural things to do before replacement therapy10/22/2010
  Q: I was wondering if it's worth trying out some foods containing iodine or what other things you might ...
  A: Mandy, Treating folks for subclinical or lab normal hypothyroidism is my forte. A few things you ...
flu shot10/13/2010
  Q: With regard to the typical “flu shot” can you tell me the name of the drug that is used in injecting ...
  A: Al, The following information may be helpful in understanding the flu vaccines and your desire to ...
Keratosis Pilaris - dermititis9/29/2010
  Q: My son aged 20 has just been diagnosed with Keratosis Pilaris. Our Doctor says it is genetic but ...
  A: Joanne, This information is from WiKipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keratosis_pilaris ...
manganese9/23/2010
  Q: I'm not sure if this question fits in your line of expertise or not. My husband and sons work at a ...
  A: Kathleen, Manganese is a necessary element for good health, as it is a co-factor in at least one ...
mixing cataflam & hydrocodone8/14/2010
  Q: which is simple: Can I mix cataflam and hydrocodone-apap to treat severe dental pain? My dentist ...
  A: Kerem, Unless you are allergic to either of these medications I see no reason why they cannot be ...
Healthy Eating8/13/2010
  Q: One of the functions of the liver is the detoxification of the blood. Does this mean that if I eat ...
  A: The liver is an organ of detoxification and metabolism... food, drugs, chemicals, anything that you ...
Iron Supplements8/11/2010
  Q: I am a 29 year old female diagnosed with iron deficiency anemia with my hemoglobin levels at 9.3. I ...
  A: No the additional 10mg is NOT too much to take. Make sure you don't have hemochromotosis an Iron ...
Staying youthfull8/5/2010
  Q: P. I am 51. I have been doing 'all the right stuff' to say healthy since I turned 40, including not ...
  A: Gord, Yes you guessed right.. most are on the "juice".... either testosterone or rhGH (Growth ...
Blood Infection7/3/2010
  Q: Hello is it possible to have a blood infection like sepsis for a year and not know you have it?
  A: Sepsis is a very acute condition, meaning it happens fast and has very dangerous outcomes. Sepsis ...
wt loss, muscle wasting6/21/2010
  Q: I started drinking alcohol in my 50's, first it was fun then not. I lost 30# and had to face the ...
  A: Susan, Good that you identified the problem and have taken measures to stop drinking... remember it ...
appetite6/5/2010
  Q: I am 58 years of age and in excellent health. I do not smoke or drink. I sleep well, play a lot of ...
  A: Al, Have you had a physician work you up for loss of appetite? Is there any weight loss? There ...
Poly-Vi-Sol with Iron5/29/2010
  Q: We have a healthy 13 month old infant boy. Our peditrician recommended 1 ml dosage of Poly-Vi-Sol ...
  A: Peter, Iron is a two edged sword... while it is a critical element in the formation of heme and ...
Medication5/25/2010
  Q: I am wondering before, I commit to a $100 office visit with my Dr. Since I have no insurance and am ...
  A: Lisa, First and foremost you need to make sure your are diagnosed correctly and the true etiology ...
Quick question5/17/2010
  Q: Is it true that your more contagious 2 week before symptoms show (like a cold or flu)? You less ...
  A: Stacy, Depending on the illness (virus). For example there is an incubation period, you may be ...
DM II5/16/2010
  Q: age 50 weight 98 height 5.7 + after failure in alone metformin Dr has prescribed gliclazide 80 mg ...
  A: Kumar, Chronopharmacology is sometimes important, but twice a day dosing of Metformin is probably ...
cholesterol lowering supplements5/14/2010
  Q: i have been on a statin for about 2 years. my cholesterol was about 225. the statin lowered it but i ...
  A: Charlotte, Lipid Management is of great importance for reducing cardiac risk. Statin drugs are the ...
Cant Digest Carbohydrates5/11/2010
  Q: Whenever I eat white bread, potatoes, rice or pasta I get bloated up and tired,nauseous the next ...
  A: Ernie, This is a complex problem. Have you seen a gastroenterologist? Can you tell me more about ...
Weight gain4/30/2010
  Q: I am a 35 yr old female. Over the last year, I have gone from 115 lbs to 135. I try to consume a ...
  A: Hanna, Have your hormone axes been checked? Ant/Post Pituitary and hormone releasing hormones been ...
Wine4/27/2010
  Q: I have Type II Diabetes, will a glass of red wine at bedtime affect my blood sugar numbers?
  A: Greta, I advise my patients that a single glass of wine each day is considered a drink in ...
Gout Attacks4/10/2010
  Q: I  had gout for the last 2 years and treated it with cherries till I came across this one site and ...
  A: Alex, I have never prescribed Cu (copper) for gout. Copper is an element essential to human ...
ultrasound results3/25/2010
  Q: i got a ultra sound done cuz i have a cyst in the back of my knee.....This is wat my report ...
  A: Rachael, The wall thickening is actually the incidental finding.. and of no consequence. The major ...
Longeninex3/20/2010
  Q: I am a relatively healthy 61 year old male,and have been following the press on resveratrol for ...
  A: Michael, There are a lot of products out there touting health benefits and stating that they are ...
metformin, glucophage, HbA1C3/18/2010
  Q: When checking to see if the blood is 6.0 or below can it be known if you are on Metformin?
  A: Edward, By 6.0 I am assuming you are referring to the HbA1C test (glycoselated hemoglobin). Are ...
FUMES3/9/2010
  Q: dO YOU KNOW IF FUMES FROM BURNING INSULATION ARE DANGEROUS? MY OVEN IS COOKING TOO HOT AND SMELLING ...
  A: It is called "off gassing" and it has potential harmful long term effects. Lots of appliances and ...
tongue bite3/3/2010
  Q: I inadvertently bit my tongue while I was chewing and my tongue is hurting somewhat. Is there ...
  A: Al, This forum is not for the diagnosis and treatment of illness or injury. I do however ...
Iron Supplements3/1/2010
  Q: I have iron deficiency anemia. My MD has prescribed the usual ferrous sulfate pills. Unfortunately, ...
  A: Frank, Higher doses of Iron will cause constipation. A trick I use is to take concomitant doses of ...
predisone2/27/2010
  Q: Dr. Saleeby, I'll try to be brief. I started with a cold. A little laryngitis, I thought a cold. ...
  A: Jan, This is not truly ideal to answer a personal health question via this forum. However as a ...
health, yeast infection, lactobicilli2/9/2010
  Q: Im a frequent yeast infection sufferer and I was told to take acidophilus pills every day with live ...
  A: Shina, You pay for what you get. A higher bio-load of bacteria costs more to produce but will give ...
Cholesterol1/26/2010
  Q: Dr., thank you for taking my question. I am a 26 year old, 5' 8.5", 127 lbs, male. I used to be a ...
  A: Kevin, Your lipid profile based on just the total-Cholesterol (TC) and your HDL-C appears to be OK ...
magic mouth wash formula1/25/2010
  Q: Have used this many times for ulcers in the mouth. I forgot one of the ingredients. its ...
  A: Judy, Magic MW and Dukes MW and Comfort MW are all variations of a medicinal mouthwash and even ...
Pure Cod Liver Oil (Seven Seas)1/23/2010
  Q: I am 43 years old male. My overall health is satisfactory according to my latest medical check up. ...
  A: Lawrence, Omega 3-Fatty Acids in Marine Fish Oil has been proven by reputable scientific studies to ...
after tattoo1/21/2010
  Q: hey, i got my first tattoo like the 16 of December and a couple days after that i start to get small ...
  A: Alexia, You are probably getting furuncles (or staph/strep infections of the skin)... could be ...
walk after supper?1/11/2010
  Q: I walk on my treadmill for at least a half hour a day, mostly in the morning or afternoon. The ...
  A: Barry, There is no harm in a walk (even a brisk walk) after dinner. There may be issues with ...
Over 501/1/2010
  Q: Is exercise, after the age of 50, other than stretching, really just a waste of time? I used to be a ...
  A: Terry, Don't give up on exercise. That is the fountain of youth believe it or not... along with ...
ear aspirator8/13/2009
  Q: Could you please tell me exactly what an "ear aspirator" is and what it does? Thank you very much. ...
  A: Al, From this description and ear aspirator would be a suction device used in the ear canal that ...
Tea - Green vs Oolong8/12/2009
  Q: Good evening, I was a big drinker of green tea, and then one day I was decided to try oolong tea. ...
  A: Richard, Not exactly sure where the difference is coming from. Green tea (depending on where is is ...
Homocysteine and TMG8/11/2009
  Q: P. I am your typical yuppie boomer trying to stay young. In spite of eating well, taking tons of ...
  A: Van, Traditionally hyperhomocysteinemia is treated with Vit. B6, B12 and folic acid and this should ...
omega 3/6 & Cholesterol8/9/2009
  Q: I am aged 73 and following a cholesterol reducing diet supplied by my GP. I would like to dispense ...
  A: John, Not sure why you want to eliminate diary products in the first place, but note that all that ...
Nutritional supplements for someone with digestive health issues8/3/2009
  Q: Saleeby, I am a 53yo woman with long term health issues dealing with gastric reflux, intestinal ...
  A: Linda, This is obviously not a simple question and cannot be answered with a simple reply. If you ...
HIGH PSA4/1/2009
  Q: P. Whilst performing some routine tests my father's PSA turned out to be 20.9. Today he is 81 ...
  A: Paul, Can't make any recommendations on this forum, but you may find the following information ...
Honey3/31/2009
  Q: i am diabet,please guide me is it correct to use one tea spoon full of honey at breakfast per day. ...
  A: Hassan, I have written an article on Honey and how it may be a viable sweetener for diabetics: ...
kidneys & alcohol consumptio3/23/2009
  Q: My partner has only 1 kidney. will intoxication be more quickly reached because of this
  A: Janeen, Alcohol is detoxified in the Liver in Phase I and II detox. Utilization of an enzyme ...
thyroid3/21/2009
  Q: I was diagnosed hypothyroid July 2008. I think my tsh was 8. I was put on 100 mcg synthroid then ...
  A: Christi, This forum does not allow for the diagnosis and treatment of illness... so I cannot ...
EGCG's impact on Lipitor3/7/2009
  Q: I am a healthy 65 year old male: I have been enjoying a new product on the market called ”Honest ...
  A: Bob, I drink Honest Tea as well. It is a well manufactured beverage. Green, oolong and black ...
health2/3/2009
  Q: I am a 35 year old woman who had a hysterectomy in 2007. I take womens one-a-day multivitamin along ...
  A: Chanel, Make sure your one-a-day is a very good high dose supplement (make sure it does NOT have ...
Need opinion1/30/2009
  Q: I have a high blood pressure, last time the number is 140/90 mmHg. Before that my doctor do USG and ...
  A: Hendri, With a BP of 140/90 you really don't need an pharmaceuticals in my opinion, rather low ...
Red wine1/28/2009
  Q: In recent years, we've heard that red wine may be good in the prevention of heart disease. Do the ...
  A: Mark, I have written on resveratrol (res) on occasion and answered questions made by the press for ...
When to retire1/28/2009
  Q: I recently made a career change at age 50. I went from a stifling desk job to being a city bus ...
  A: Bud, Not an expert on bus driving, but if you pass a DOT physical there should be no problem. ...
Which medical school to attend1/25/2009
  Q: how are you doing? I have to make an important decision and would like to get the input of as many ...
  A: Don't get too caught up in marque... unless you plan to become an academician. In my 16 years of ...
shingles1/21/2009
  Q: i have heard that someone with asthma should not have the shingles vaccine. any truth to that?
  A: Al, I have not read any relative or strict contraindications to the use of the varacella (shingles) ...
phenomena1/16/2009
  Q: I have recently been diagnosed with COPD .My question is what are symptoms of phenomena ?
  A: Beth, COPD or emphysema is a chronic lung disease usually the result of heavy smoking. Pneumonia ...
Grey Hair1/8/2009
  Q: Is it unusual not to have grey hair at 50? I don't have any and was wondering if that is rare not ...
  A: Holli, Unusual but not rare to not have gray at 50. Some prematurely gray... as myself with the ...
pregnanalone?1/7/2009
  Q: Do you know anything about this nutritional supplement? It is available OTC but I can find very ...
  A: Bud, It is actually spelled pregnenolone. It happens to be a precursor hormone to DHEA and ...
SO ITCHY11/27/2008
  Q: I was wondering would you please tell me: why does sun burn itch? P.S would you please try to ...
  A: Cameron, Sun damage to the skin will spark an acute inflammatory injury reaction. This is outlined ...
prevention11/24/2008
  Q: I think this is in the line of prevention. Is there any way to prevent catching too many colds. ...
  A: Jan, A couple of things. Exercise Induced Asthma (EIA) should not predispose you to dying from ...
question re: osteopenia and exercise11/21/2008
  Q: I'm a 57 yr. old reasonably fit breast cancer survivor (IDC stage 1) who is taking an aromatase ...
  A: Liza, Congrats at being a cancer survivor. My 1st wife is 6 years out from her Br. CA surgery and ...
high cholestrol11/18/2008
  Q: I'm a 23 yr old otherwise healthy male. I'm 6ft and weigh about 200 lbs. I eat somewhat healthy but ...
  A: Michael, A couple of things. Just because your LFTs (Liver function tests) are normal does not ...
Flu Shot11/18/2008
  Q: I hope you do not mind me giving you a quick interview! But, I was wondering about flu shots: are ...
  A: Angela, That is a large amount of material. A very involved question. So I will defer to a very ...
DEC (diethyl carbamazine) salt on pregnant women10/31/2008
  Q: Saaleby, We live in Guyana where the whole country supposed to take DEC salt to prevent filaria, I ...
  A: Vivien, While I am not an infectious disease doctor, I was able to find out a few things: DEC ...
colds10/30/2008
  Q: I'm not looking for a diagnosis, I would like your opinion on this...this past year I've been ...
  A: Jan, The answer to that questions is difficult as it may be related to a multitude of reasons or ...
Diet for elderly woman10/27/2008
  Q: My mother in law is going to be 93 next month. She has always been somewhat overweight. I estimate ...
  A: Dave, I concur. At 93 there is not point in "pushing" someone to loose weight, but rather an ...
iron supplements10/23/2008
  Q: My 89 year old mother has been advised to take an iron supplement for anemia. Which kind will be ...
  A: Patricia, Unfortunately the nature of the beast is constipation with Iron (Fe) supplementation. ...
constipation9/30/2008
  Q: My 87 year old mother has an impacted colon. She takes iron pills for anemia and a stool softener ...
  A: Mark, No simple answer there but these links may help: ...
urine analysis9/21/2008
  Q: We recently moved to a different town. I am 81 yrs old and in good health. The doctor that I go to ...
  A: A UA is considered a must annually and should be a part of routine lab work. There is much to be ...
safe vitamin taking9/21/2008
  Q: "I would like to know if the vitamins I am taking are safe as I have just learned that beta carotene ...
  A: Maria, It is good to see that you have quit smoking and are on a healthy trend towards improving ...
Tourettes9/20/2008
  Q: I was wondering if you had any experience in treating Tourettes through integrative medicine. My 10 ...
  A: Michelle, I am not a psychiatrist but did write up a case study of using the Myers' Cocktail for a ...
Hearing Music9/17/2008
  Q: 10 years ago I worked in the office at a local retirement center. One day a resident came in and ...
  A: MaryAnne, While I am no electrical engineer or radio expert, it appears that certain dental filling ...
Help! - answers for those with Hypothroidism9/3/2008
  Q: I'm 31 years old and have so many problems. I have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I have been ...
  A: Kari, This forum prohibits me from making a diagnosis and recommending care. however, if you are ...
medicine on an empty stomach8/28/2008
  Q: why do we have to consume some medicine on an empty stomach, while the rest after a meal. what is ...
  A: Diqiang, Some medications absorb better on an empty stomach. For example thyroid hormone ...
Question on TB, BCG, PPD testing and INH8/18/2008
  Q: I am healthy 31 years old man with very active life style, but few months ago I was surprised when I ...
  A: Sammy, While I am not an infectious disease expert... I can tell you the following: 1- Why my BCG ...
When is the best age?8/15/2008
  Q: Every time I visit my doctor (which is quite often) they ask me if I've had a pap smear and I always ...
  A: JM, Pap smears are used to screen for cervical and vaginal cancer. Women over 18 years of age ...
blood pressure8/14/2008
  Q: I have high blood pressure. Could you give me the name of a medication for high blood pressure that ...
  A: Al, There is no easy answer to this question. Depending on what additional conditions you have ...
Lump on neck8/4/2008
  Q: I have a very hard, non painful lump on the right side of my neck. I have had an Ultra Sound, ...
  A: Bonnie, No expert on Cancer myself, but if in fact you had an US, x-rays and a CT scan and MRI... ...
cholesterol test8/1/2008
  Q: With regard to a full lipid cholesterol test, if I took the test right after eating would my LDL be ...
  A: Al, As I understand it... eating affects the TGs and they in turn affect how the LDL and HDL and ...
Thyroid and COPD7/29/2008
  Q: What do you think about taking Thyromine for thyroid problem? I was diognosed back in 1988 with ...
  A: Donna, I wrote a lot on Thyroid and natural HRT for thyroid replacement. Skin changes may be due ...
Cardio CT Scans7/28/2008
  Q: My father and 3 uncles developed heart problems in their 40s. I'm worried. Will annual CT scans be ...
  A: Sam, I had one done for my 40's birthday. Cardiac CT Calcium Scores are helpful in diagnosing of ...
x-rays7/23/2008
  Q: why must jewelry be removed before an x-ray? Does the metal absorb the x- rays and then become ...
  A: Joel, Jewelry usually made with heavy metals (silver, gold, etc.) is very radio-opaque, in other ...
blender/nutrition7/19/2008
  Q: Saleeby, It is convenient for me to have lunch from a blender. I mix soy protein, a variety of ...
  A: Diana, The notion that blending veggies or fruit will lessen their nutritional value is total ...
sticky eyelashes7/16/2008
  Q: Sometimes when I wake up after sleeping my eye lashes stick together. Can you tell me the best thing ...
  A: Al, Sticky eyelashes may be a consequence of some other underlying problem. Dry eyes (connective ...
how do humidifiers effect COPD7/4/2008
  Q: I have sinus problems - dry sinus with some bleeding. My doc said to sleep with a bedside ...
  A: Judith, Moist air produced by a typical home humidifier should have no untoward effects on anyone ...
LISINOPRIL & COUGH7/4/2008
  Q: I started taking Lisinopril 2 months ago and I have a cough and thick heavy saliva always in the ...
  A: Vivian, Lisinopril is an ACE-inhibitor and as such it works on not allowing the conversion of ...
chelation therapy for heavy metals toxicity7/1/2008
  Q: My husband has been recently diagnosed with heavy metal toxicity via urine test-- mercury, copper, ...
  A: I only work infrequently in Savannah, GA. I will be in town on July 7th but see existing patients ...
tubal ligation6/24/2008
  Q: I had a tubal ligation done in july of 2003. my period is late and i'm nervous that i'm pregnant. ...
  A: Rasheda, I am NO OB/GYN, but as an ER physician I have seen at least one case (in recent history) ...
high blood pressure - HTN6/23/2008
  Q: I'm a 22 yr old male, 6ft, and 195 lbs. today i measured my blood pressure at my fiance g-ma's house ...
  A: Michael, The JNCA-7 came up with new guidelines for HTN (hypertension/ high blood pressure).... in ...
weight6/8/2008
  Q: I am a 5’2” 140 lb 44-year-old female. About 5 years ago, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. ...
  A: Lisa, This forum does not allow for the diagnosis and treatment of illness and disease. However, ...
Never had cold6/5/2008
  Q: I never had cold in my life; like a running nose. I heard that people like this loose their mental ...
  A: Anne, I personally have never heard the claim that there is mental illness associated with the lack ...
colon cleanser - BUNK5/31/2008
  Q: I was wondering if there is any benefit to using colon cleansers? The marketers claim that everyone ...
  A: Scott, According to good clinical research studies and the decades of work by gastroenterologist ...
Nut oils - Cis vs Trans -Fatty Acids5/30/2008
  Q: I was told that as soon as you heat up any nut that the oils in that nut become hydrogenated, and ...
  A: Donna, To my knowledge it requires heat to a specific temperature (very very high temps) to turn ...
TO COLD - Piloerection5/22/2008
  Q: I was wondering would you please tell me: what are goose bumps? Thanks
  A: Cameron, Goose Bumps are caused by a neurological reaction or reflex that will stimulate the small ...
possible anuerysm?5/22/2008
  Q: i read that most cerebral anuerysms come from the circle of willis, my question is where is the ...
  A: Michael, A headache anywhere on the skull can be a sign of an aneurysm or other type of headache ...
blood thinner5/7/2008
  Q: i was wanting to know i got a shot friday morning it was the blood thinner one. how long does that ...
  A: Wendy, I will assume that by the "blood thinner shot" you mean Lovenox. This is a fractionated ...
dizziness5/4/2008
  Q: when i go to bed and lie down i get dizzy, and also when i turn over, and when i get out of bed, it ...
  A: This forum is not the place for a diagnosis or treatment. See your local healthcare provider. ...
Keeping good bone mass4/25/2008
  Q: My wife and I square dance. See http://www.squaredrhubarb.com/index.htm for a video. We have been ...
  A: Alan, Dancing or walking about is considered an aerobic type of exercise and while that is great ...
wrist3/15/2008
  Q: about 3 weeks ago, 1 of my students pushed me and i feel on my shoulder and wrist. the dr took ...
  A: Imani, It is not uncommon not to find fractures on initial x-ray examination. They are called ...
hair loss2/25/2008
  Q: I am 36 yrs old and for the past 3 months I have had a great loss of hair and have lost about 10 ...
  A: Dawn, I cannot make diagnosis or give medical advice in this forum. However, with the symptoms you ...
o2 Levels?2/23/2008
  Q: I went to the Dr's to get some help with the Flu, he put a thingy on my finger that read the heart ...
  A: J, The device is a pulse oximeter. It measures via red diodes passing through tissue (usually the ...
Brain damage due to drug overdose.2/23/2008
  Q: 4 days ago my husband went into cardiac arrest due to a cocaine and alcohol overdose. I found him ...
  A: Sandy, The statistics are pretty sad on "in the field" cardiac arrest. Less than 5% of victims of ...
diabetes2/22/2008
  Q: A blood sugar test does not exactly tell a person whether that person has diabetes. Can you give me ...
  A: Al, A fasting (8hrs) blood glucose over 124 is somewhat diagnostic of DM (cannot determine type I ...
Viagra/Cialis2/20/2008
  Q: Hey I'm 19. I told my doctor about my performance anxiety. So he gave me pills of cialis/viagra. I'd ...
  A: Ryan, First of all at age 19, I find it rather difficult to believe there is just cause for ...
Chromium2/11/2008
  Q: I have noticed that my One A Day multiple vitamins have changed to now include 120 mcg's of ...
  A: Ada, 120 mcg (micrograms) of Chromium is a rather conservative dose. 25mcgs is even lower. ...
medication for osteoporosis2/11/2008
  Q: My grandpa living in China broke his back bones this winter and he broke it last winter too. I want ...
  A: Selena, For osteoporosis medications to help fight and put off this disease are by prescription ...
Stupid question1/28/2008
  Q: I have a question about soda pop. I know that in general it is not good for you, but I was wondering ...
  A: James, Soda pop is bad for several reasons in my opinion (and the opinion of most nutritionally ...
Dairy - Lactose Intolerance1/16/2008
  Q: Dr. After experiancing a lot of discomfort(gas,bloating) from a small bowl of ice cream before bed,I ...
  A: Barry, While this forum is not a place for the diagnosis of illness, it appears from your ...
Diabetes1/15/2008
  Q: I was told that there is no such thing as prediabeties. You either have it or you do not. I range ...
  A: There can be a case made for "pre-diabetes"... hypoglycemia can spell DM. There are those at risk ...
cpox1/14/2008
  Q: Does a vaccine really prevent chicken pox? Doesn't it actually give you a mild case...and won't you ...
  A: Kevin, The Varacella vaccine does actually reduce the chances of presenting with Chicken Pox. It ...
diverticulosis diet1/14/2008
  Q: Am I getting the nutritional value from foods, like nuts, that aggravate my diverticulosis? Are the ...
  A: Patti, I believe JAMA published in 2007 a peer reviewed article on the history and reality of ...
skin color1/9/2008
  Q: Is it possible for two light skinned color parents to have a darker skinned colored son I am the ...
  A: Jake, To some degree skin color, hair and eye color as well are multi-factorial. There are many ...
Interview12/20/2007
  Q: Hey Dr.Saleeby! I found so many websites about your book and I am very interested in what you do! ...
  A: Shelby, I enjoyed the interview. Hope it helps you do well in your class and also makes the ...
Glaucoma and hydrogenated oils12/5/2007
  Q: I have been recently diagnosed with Glaucoma and perscribed Travatan (Travoprost) which contains ...
  A: Dan, While I am not an ophthalmologist I believe your concerns are regarding the hydrogenated oil ...
Spironolactone12/5/2007
  Q: I am a 32yr female.I have been diagnosed with hirsutism and have been taking 100mg twice daily of ...
  A: Angela, With regards to Spironolactone you can find a lot of great information on this drug at: ...
NECK / HEAD PAIN- cervical sprain from MVC11/10/2007
  Q: I WAS IN AN AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT 2 DAYS AGO, SINCE THEN I HAVE SUFFERED SEVERE HEADACHES AND NECK ...
  A: Shannon, A whiplash injury is a neck or cervical strain. The muscles of the neck that support the ...
need for sex ?11/9/2007
  Q: All of my life, I am now in my late 30s, happily married to a liberal husband, I have felt that I ...
  A: Endorphins and Enkephalins are released during orgasm (assuming you reached this) and as we see in ...
Questions for Doctor10/29/2007
  Q: I am premenopausal with a very early stage breast cancer (node-negative, size 4 mm). I am ...
  A: Carolyn, There is much to consider with regard to NHRT or bioidentical HRT and breast cancer. It ...
Turning back the clock?10/22/2007
  Q: I am in 53. I have always been curious about how some celebrities manage to stay so young(looking) ...
  A: Susan, That is the "bread and butter" of my private online telemedicine practice. I answer general ...
Blood Work10/17/2007
  Q: When you are sent for "routine" blood work what are they looking for? What does routing blood work ...
  A: Madeline, Routine can me different things to different physician specialists and the age / sex of ...
Will my genes kill me? (Bud-wiser)10/14/2007
  Q: I am 48,and in good health.I have had two recent full medicals,one work related and one for ...
  A: Bud, Actually there are certain diseases that will increase your risk if you have family members ...
pheumonia shot10/7/2007
  Q: My mother is 84 and she gets a flu shot every year. Also, she takes medication for her thyroid, eye ...
  A: Connie, Medical research has "proven" that immunization against the pneumococcal organism chiefly ...
False thyriod test10/3/2007
  Q: For three years I've had a goiter on my neck I'm sensitive to hot and cold( it's hard for me to even ...
  A: First of all this forum does not allow for the diagnosis and or treatment of illness or disease. ...
transfats/ hydrogenated oils - NUTS9/27/2007
  Q: Recently noticed on a bag of raw walnuts I bought, a statement " May or may not contain hydrogenated ...
  A: Trans-fatty acids are the molecular configuration of "trans" versus "cis"... Trans-fatty acids have ...
Hailey-Hailey Dz/ Familiarl Benign Pemphigus9/18/2007
  Q: My family has this skin disease and we cannot find any sort of info on treatment besides steroids. ...
  A: Linda, This is out of my area of expertise. You should seek dermatology consultation. However ...
my 3 year old9/4/2007
  Q: for the past two days ive noticed that my sons stools have been bright green like a neon green its ...
  A: This forum does not allow for the diagnosis of conditions, but I can tell you as an ER doctor of 16 ...
Vitamin D8/27/2007
  Q: My mother-in-law's doctor prescribed her Vitamin D(800 IU a day), I have been getting at the ...
  A: There are some different types of Vitamin D. Vitamin D3 for example and the quality of prescription ...
to many supplements?8/23/2007
  Q: I have a lot of health problems and medications does not help except for clonazepam. I started ...
  A: Annie, That is a complicated question as too many of the wrong kind and with untoward interactions ...
aging8/5/2007
  Q: At 48,nstead of aging gracefully as I had hoped,I seem to be goin down hill fast. In the past two ...
  A: Barry, Anti-aging is my specialty of interest so you are asking the right person. Most likely this ...
borderline hypothyroid7/27/2007
  Q: my husband was 67 when his doctor put him on 100MCG of Levothyroxin for borderline hypothyroid. Now, ...
  A: Connie, Managing thyroid disorder (especially hypothyroidism) is an art form. It can be tricky and ...
Swollen taste bud7/13/2007
  Q: Is there any treatment for a swollen taste bud?
  A: Sherry, There are several types of taste buds the smaller are on the anterior superior aspect of ...
Fish Oil & Vitamin C7/3/2007
  Q: Is taking fish oil inherently dangerous? That is, is it directly responsible for increasing the risk ...
  A: The only danger it taking the medication while on other blood thinners such as ASA, warfarin, ...
Tongue Cut - to sew or not to sew6/28/2007
  Q: My daughter bit her tongue pretty deep today. The bleeding has stopped but it's pretty deep. I was ...
  A: HE, Depending on the location and depth of the tongue laceration and also the age of the individual ...
B126/27/2007
  Q: I am trying to find out if anyone has come across B12 shot not working IM? I am now giving them to ...
  A: With Vit. B12 or any of the variants m-B12 and so forth IM or SQ would be equivalent. Taking oral ...
blood tranfusion6/26/2007
  Q: hmm i just want to know bout the blood tranfusion..wat are the possible answer if im a pro in our ...
  A: Angel, Quite simply... receiving a blood transfusion when warranted will SAVE YOUR LIFE. If you ...
Longevity - with Acute vs Chronic Anemia6/26/2007
  Q: I think this would have to do with my daughter's (22 years old) longevity. She was recently ...
  A: Lauren, It would be standard care to find out the root cause or etiology of her anemia. With a Hb ...
blood pressure test6/15/2007
  Q: With regard to taking a person's blood pressure, should the cuff be wrapped around a person's bare ...
  A: Al, It is much better to have the cuff on bare skin. Important to remember with either manual or ...
blood sugar levels6/10/2007
  Q: I just have a quick question about blood suagr levels. I know when you eat they rise and then fall ...
  A: Erin, For an hour or so after a large sugar load, like your ice cream sundae you can experience ...
HCG and weight loss5/21/2007
  Q: Been hearing about HCG w/b12 shots given to assist in weightloss-- there are Weightloss clinics in ...
  A: Diane, While I don't know much about this regiment for Wt. loss, I do know that HCG and B12 ...
exercise5/20/2007
  Q: http://sportsmedicine.about.com/cs/injuryprevention/a/aa011502a.htm it says moderate exercise boosts ...
  A: Jeff, This is a very complex and involved questions that would take too long to explain in great ...
EFFECTIVE SLEEP4/3/2007
  Q: What would be the more effective form of sleep? A straight say 8 hours of sleep at night or 7 hours ...
  A: Hafidz, This sounds like a homework question. AllExperts is not a forum for answering these types ...
Heart & circulatory disease prevention3/29/2007
  Q: Dr Saleeby, We both know that Medical Science has made great strides in disease prevention ...
  A: Michael, There are many different tests: An ECG (EKG) may be the first, ECHO (ultrasound of the ...
Cholesterol Help2/27/2007
  Q: i am a 44 yr. old male in good health, other than IBS. i have tried zocor and niacin for lowering ...
  A: Mike, Cholesterol Support with from VSN (www.vitasanus.com) it is not advertised on the web site ...
hoodia2/22/2007
  Q: I am on coumadin and I would like to try Hoodia to decrease my appetite. Although the bottle says ...
  A: Joanne, No herbal or prescription medication is immune from untoward effects. Drug-drug or ...
Motion Sickness2/20/2007
  Q: I noticed that Barry Manilow wears bands on his wrist because he has extreme motion sickness. Do ...
  A: Betty, Apparently the places or points along the wrist where the bands are placed (the bands have ...
stress and joint pain2/16/2007
  Q: Saleeby, I'm writing for Arthritis Today Magazine - KILLER DEADLINE. Need answer ASAP, SORRY! ...
  A: Sherry, As you are aware there are different types of Arthritis, from Osteoarthritis to Gouty ...
internal shingles - Varacell Zoster w/o skin blisters2/15/2007
  Q: i have x2 over the years had internal shingles, very paingul wrapping right side and under ...
  A: Sharon, Not sure what you mean by "internal" shingles. Shingles (Varacella Zoster) affects the ...
Bronchitis2/2/2007
  Q: If someone has severe bronchitis and is under Mandatory Silence, what does Mandatory Silence mean ...
  A: Betty, While I have never prescribed it to any of my patients in my 17 years of practice. I ...
Men and Potbellies Fat =/= Muscle1/30/2007
  Q: I was wondering if a man has a potbelly, if that means he is overweight or could the potbelly be ...
  A: Betty, A "potbelly" may be an indication of being overweight or obese. However, in medicine, ...
hiccup - Singultus1/23/2007
  Q: my fiance been having hiccup for four days.even he sleep still having the hiccup what can you ...
  A: however when they linger for days that can be a problem. There are some very serious conditions ...
osteopenia - Ca+Mg+Boron+Vit. K2 & Wt. bearing Exercise for starters1/19/2007
  Q: I am 72. Diagnosed with osteopenia 2 yrs. ago. Doc gave me Fosomax, then Didrocal, now Actonel. ...
  A: Donna, This forum does not allow for giving medical advice for evaluation of disease or ...
MultiVitamine + Mineral Tablets = Vita Sanus (www.vitasanus.com)1/12/2007
  Q: I want to use a type of multivitamine+ mineral tablet. some thing like Centrum. I wanted to know ...
  A: Neo, Stay away from Centrum (et al) since they include as part of the multiminerals Tin, Nickle and ...
hi -anosmia1/10/2007
  Q: is there an operation to eliminate the olfactory sense of smell ?
  A: Yom, I am actually not sure. Why would anyone want to take away an important sense? I am sure ...
Strep Throat & Rebecca Lansfield1/8/2007
  Q: Dr. Saleeby: My daughter is during a report on Strep Throat, Some of the questions she needs to ...
  A: Jeanne, I usually don't do homework questions but.... Rebecca Lansfield working at the Rockefeller ...
Switching Doctors1/4/2007
  Q: My wife and I are about to switch to another family physician. The Family doctor we currently have ...
  A: An annual physical is just that... no need for a repeat if you switch doctors, unless you feel the ...
Hip - Hematoma12/24/2006
  Q: we were involved in an auto accident 11/7 and my Daughter age 41 was thrown from the Van onto her ...
  A: Diane, Most hematomas which are collections of blood will go through several stages the last being ...
Med School12/4/2006
  Q: what all did u do besides getting good grades to get into med school (how many volunteer hrs, etc..) ...
  A: Miss Kitty, Be prepared for a long hard road. Premed is a good warm up of things to come. ...
strepthroat - Group A Streptococcus12/4/2006
  Q: if you have had your tonsils out can you still get strapthroat? iedw8@aol.com
  A: Ina, You certainly can. Strepthroat is caused by the bacteria Streptococcus (group A strep) and ...
To much potasium - Hyper/Hypo-kalemia11/11/2006
  Q: My future mother-in-law had taken lasix for swelling in her feet. She went to the ER and they gave ...
  A: Too little or too much potassium (K) can have untoward effects on the heart in so much as the ...
Sciatica does it get worse?11/6/2006
  Q: I have a sciatica nerve problem, no real cause explained to me, I had x-rays, nothing out of sort ...
  A: Mary, I generally only answer Longevity medicine questions. However, I see Sciatica a lot in the ...
Embarrassing set of questions- uretra vs. vagina11/2/2006
  Q: I am so thankful for a place to ask such an embarrassing set of questions. I have been on birth ...
  A: Anon, Certainly this could be the result of changes in your hormone levels and thus from a vaginal ...
HRT - Bioidentical Hormones11/1/2006
  Q: Saleeby: Thanks for answering my question on red rice yeast. Again, as a fellow Allexperts, I ...
  A: Ruthie, Should you wish for more detailed answers and bio-identical HRT management please visit ...
human growth hormone question - Is rhGH for you?10/22/2006
  Q: I am a twenty year old female and I am between 4'10" and 4'11" tall. I spoke with a doctor several ...
  A: Karen, Human Growth Hormone (rhGH) for the purpose of obtaining greater height must be used prior ...
Warfarin - and the Hemocult Card10/17/2006
  Q: My husband is taking Warfarin and his doctor says it's okay for him to take one of those occult ...
  A: Loretta, Warfarin in and of itself will not report a false positive. However, if there is ANY GI ...
swallowing a pill - Taking the Bitter Pill10/15/2006
  Q: I am having difficulty swallowing pills. I never had difficulty swallowing pills with water up until ...
  A: Al, There may be several reasons why recent pill swallowing has become difficult. They can be ...
Can AIDS be caught this way?10/13/2006
  Q: I had to have a "test" done on my legs that basically consisted of the Dr. using what I think was ...
  A: We are assuming a lot here. Most likely what happened is the doctor used a "sterile" needle... 15 ...
Boosting Testosterone Levels Naturally10/9/2006
  Q: I am a 51 year old who wishes to find ways to naturally boost flagging (with age) testosterone ...
  A: Nelson, Certainly, there are some herbals and supplements that can boost test levels and/or ...
thick white substance fcomming from vagina10/5/2006
  Q: I am 25, Some times (once in 3 or 4 months) I find some white thick substance comming from my ...
  A: Archana, This forum does not allow for the diagnosis or treatment of disorders. You should see ...
Fosomax - bisphosphonates & osteocronosis10/4/2006
  Q: What about jaw deterioration from taking Fosomax? I have heard that is a problem. My drug ...
  A: Sue, The only ones I know that are really excited about the popular osteoporosis drug Fosamax ...
lump behind right ear - periauricular lymphadnopathy?10/2/2006
  Q: i noticed a bump right where my ear and scalp meet..and it hurts to touch..my grandma is a nurse and ...
  A: Kylie, This forum does not allow for the diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions... you ...
thrush - oral candidiasis9/23/2006
  Q: my 5year old daughter seems to have thrush what could have caused it and what treamtents should i ...
  A: Anyone can get thrush (oral candidiasis)... usually those who are immunocompromised or have been ...
Bullis Pimpigus ---- Bullous Pemphigus9/18/2006
  Q: what is this medical term ... it has something to do with the swelling of the hands.
  A: Jackson, You must mean: Bullous Pemphigus. You will find the following interesting (from the Merck ...
tetanus shot9/12/2006
  Q: How soon after an injury must you have the tetanus shot for it to be effective? My 20 yr old son ...
  A: Nancy, If a person has never been immunized they should receive the Tetanus Immunoglobin in ...
bone scan9/5/2006
  Q: I am scheduled to have a bone scan on 9/7/06. The script reads "triple phase bone scan LE's views ...
  A: Pat, DEXA studies are usually performed on an "open" machine... a table with an arm that swings ...
pharmacology.. stomach acid9/4/2006
  Q: sir, my question is if there is any condition in which our acid and enzyme will digest our stomach ...
  A: Syam, There is no acute illness where stomach acid or digestive enzymes "eat" the stomach itself. ...
had 2 mini-strokes on pill, is Bioidentical HRT safe?8/25/2006
  Q: I am 59 years old, on armour thyroid 60mg./day. my hair is thinning, and skin is very dry and I have ...
  A: Phyllis, The medical literature warns against synthetic and even bio-identical (natural) Estrogen ...
causes8/25/2006
  Q: What is the cause sweaty plams
  A: Anxiety or Fight or Flight response can be a cause of sweaty palms... also there is a chronic ...
liver8/20/2006
  Q: I am male,48.I havec been a heavy beer drinker all my adult life. Starting in January I began ...
  A: Brian, An enlarged liver can protrude, early cirrhosis due to alcohol. Late cirrhosis the liver ...
flexing my right foot .. See an Orthopod8/12/2006
  Q: I am having a very difficult time flexing my right foot. It will barely flex at all. Please advise ...
  A: John, This forum does not allow for the diagnosis and treatment of medical illnesses. However, I ...
SEXUAL HEALTH / Oh cum on....8/4/2006
  Q: DON'T KNOW IF YOU CAN ANSWER, IF NOT PERHAPS YOU CAN STEER ME IN RIGHT DIRECTION FOR ANSWER... ...
  A: Dee, While this is not my area of expertise necessarily, your husband may suffer from a functional ...
Osteo-arthritis8/4/2006
  Q: My wife was just diagnosed with Osteo-arthritis in the hip. It is not serious yet, but she is a very ...
  A: Mark, Visit my blog for articles I have written on the subject.. ...
Conflicts between medication and vitamins7/6/2006
  Q: I am taking meds for ADHD, Adderal XR, Wellbutran and Cellexa. I take Enalapril for High Blood ...
  A: Very unlikely that the MVM and the other supplements have an untoward effect in combination with ...
chelation6/11/2006
  Q: Saleeby, I will try to keep my question as brief as possible. In 2000 I was exposed to solvents ...
  A: Maureen, Chelation therapy by the nature of the chelating agents used will only detoxify heavy ...
Hello Doctor, I don't know...5/12/2006
  Q: I don't know if there are accurate ways of determining this but are some of the illnesses and ...
  A: Doug, That is a very good question. Could it be that we are now aware of these syndroms and can ...
sildenafil and low salt4/27/2006
  Q: sir whether use of low salt is permissible for user of sildenafil(viagra) at night?(no hypertension ...
  A: Low salt is only of concern with HTN (hypertension) and CHF (congestive heart failure)... if you are ...
occ hypertension4/27/2006
  Q: how can we acertain the reason of occassional dis-comfort without chest pain but occ at that time ...
  A: Mr. Kumar, This forum prohibits the diagnosis and treatment of patients. However, I can tell you ...
Pains3/23/2006
  Q: Dr. I started running and dieting to lose weight.Almost immediately I bagan having a dull pain ...
  A: Barry, I must begin by saying it would be wrong for me (or any doctor) to diagnose a problem like ...
Always Cold with Chills Lately3/22/2006
  Q: Over the last several months I am always cold and chills are also associated with this. My hands ...
  A: Donna, Wow... a lot of thing could be going on. I would certainly have the Thyroid functions read ...
Underarm odor3/13/2006
  Q: I have always had sweaty hands, feet and underarms but had been able to use one brand of ...
  A: Gina, Yes, your body can change post partum. It can also change as you grow older. The condition ...
lung cancer3/7/2006
  Q: Dana Reeve (wife of Christopher Reeve) recently died of lung cancer at the age of 44. She said that ...
  A: Al, Recently wrote a piece on Lung cancer and women to be published in American Fitness magazine ...
liver3/1/2006
  Q: The doctor told me that I have a fatty liver. What do you know about that and what are the problems ...
  A: A Fatty Liver usually means a liver that is diseased. Several etiologies can cause fatty liver or ...
atenolol1/25/2006
  Q: Adult heart patient using aspirin 75 m.g,atenelol 25 m.g and Laxotanil(bromazepam)3m.g.from last ...
  A: Janjuah, This forum prohibits the treatment recommendations. However, you are correct the ...
Fish oil1/23/2006
  Q: I am a 64-year-old man in good health, though I had one TIA about ten years ago. At my doctor's ...
  A: Steve, Actually caution should be taken when taking any blood thinner with Omega-3 FA as it will ...
colon cleansing1/22/2006
  Q: Dr Saleeby Even though I am on various meds I am feeling very well.I have read a lot on cleansing ...
  A: Eva, I wrote an article entitled "Forget those Crystals" and it is on my blog at ...
Sugar1/8/2006
  Q: A friend told me who is not a doctor but a diabet that Normal fasting blood sugar is between 45 and ...
  A: Raja, The normal fasting blood glucose levels will vary from one reference lab to another, but by ...
How does the body and brain...1/5/2006
  Q: How does the body and brain deplete as a person enters middle and old age, as compared to the brain ...
  A: Joanna, Not sure what you mean by "deplete". That is probably a very complex and expansive ...
sildenafil1/1/2006
  Q: whether sildenafil is harmful to eye in long time?
  A: Mr. Kumar, I have no personal knowledge of any longterm harmful eye events other than what was ...
high LDL12/28/2005
  Q: My cholesterol is 203, LDL is 144, HDL is 48, TRI. is 57, and sugar is 83. How do I lower the LDL? I ...
  A: Bob, Truth is it is probably a genetically set number. Based on your family genetics you have the ...
Blood Sugar Control12/6/2005
  Q: I am a 32 yr old woman with a complex medical history including hashimoto's thyroiditis, autonomic ...
  A: Hanna, This forum prohibits giving specific medical recommendations. I perform telemedicine ...
grow taller12/3/2005
  Q: I live in Canada and i am from an asian background. I was wondering is there any chance of me ...
  A: Brian, At your age the epiphiseal plates in your long bones are begining to fuse. There is no ...
mild diabetes12/3/2005
  Q: sir age45,weight 100kg,height 169cm,male gujarat-india sir,I am mild diabetic since 2 years .dr has ...
  A: Acarbose allows ingested sugars to be absorbed more slowly.. thus avoiding a glucose spike and the ...
sir age 45 weight 100kg male...11/26/2005
  Q: sir age 45 weight 100kg male india 168cm sir since 2 years for mild diabetes dr has presceibed 1000 ...
  A: Mr. Mulesh, In the USA we typically prescribe an 1800 kcal diet. Also would suggest daily exercise ...
Thyroid medicine and hormone replacement10/27/2005
  Q: I take .175mg Synthroid daily and my TSH results stay around 1-2. I feel healthy and well. Three ...
  A: Linda, I have written extensively on NHRT with regard to sex hormones and thyroid. Not a big fan ...
always cold!9/29/2005
  Q: I have a weird question for you! This has been in the back of my mind for a long time and it's time ...
  A: Erin, Are you speaking of a subjective feeling of being "cold" or are you actually cooler than the ...
can sildenafil creat palpitation/hypotensionwith this drugs9/18/2005
  Q: sir, MD docter has prescribed following drugs patient details:-age 45 weight 98 kg---height ...
  A: Sildenafil (Viagra) [was researched as a HTN drug initially before the wonders of good erections ...
fitness over 509/1/2005
  Q: I have been diagnosed with a torn meniscus (sp?)in my left knee, which is not painful unless turned ...
  A: Cheryl, This forum does not allow for the diagnosis and treatment of illness or disease. It is ...
Anti-aging medicines8/22/2005
  Q: Have you done any reading or research on Juvenon? I am a 50+ diabetic male. I exercise every day. ...
  A: William, I don't know much about Juvenon. I however, can't express how important it is to exercise ...
Vitamins-Minerals7/5/2005
  Q: Saleeby, I've learned where our soils have been depleted of minerals from wind, leaching, poor ...
  A: Mike, Yes, even organically grown veggies are depleted and we are dosing ourselves in industralized ...
occ. Blood pressure rise due to eating mistake6/11/2005
  Q: sir , what can be done immediately for the patient who has not regular bloodpressure but ...
  A: Mr. India, For the mild elevation in blood pressure (HTN) that is not sustained or markdly elevated ...
Deoderants4/19/2005
  Q: Dr. Saleeby, I am 48 years old and within the past year I have found using underarm antiperspirants ...
  A: Don, Many suffer the same problem. The more effective anti-perspirants tend to dry out the skin. ...
Osteopenia and steroidal inhaler4/5/2005
  Q: Saleeby, I am a 38 year old woman with bone loss near the osteopenia level. I also suffer from ...
  A: Garnet, Nasal steroids are FDA approved for long term use. There is however a small portion of the ...
insulin resistance obesity and not working of metformin properly3/31/2005
  Q: sir age 45 weight 100 kg...mild diabetes oriented obesity-insulin resistance...insulin production ...
  A: Mr. Ravi Kotak, Not sure what you are asking of me. Metformin is a good drug. In addition to low ...
IR treatment3/19/2005
  Q: sir...age 45 weight 97 kg male india dignosis----insulin resistance second stage -IGT treatment ...
  A: Mr. A.A., You must mean Metformin 1000mg daily. The only suggestion I have as far as herbals is: ...
re: Coenzyme Q103/15/2005
  Q: I noticed your comments about taking Coenzyme Q10 if you're taking a chlestoral lowering drug. I'm ...
  A: Bill, Vytorin is a combination of ezetimibe (Zetia) and simvastatin (Zocor) that is used for ...
Weird Symptoms3/13/2005
  Q: I'm in pretty good shape -- I'm a very healthy vegetarian who eats seafood (no other meat), I ...
  A: Suzanne, This forum prohibits diagnosis and treatment recommendations. However, you may be ...
re: old home remedy..3/12/2005
  Q: After a recent stomach scope job the Doctor put me on Aciphex 20mg once per day since my stomach had ...
  A: Bill, Buttermilk may be effective, it is alkaline and will combat the stomach acid to neutralize. ...
Cold Virus2/27/2005
  Q: We have a great debate in our house. My husband says you will catch a cold if you do not dress ...
  A: Debbi, If you believe in the germ theory then yes you are correct in stating that germs cause ...
Question about aging2/15/2005
  Q: Can I ask you a question about aging? From what I personally am experiencing, aging (aparently) is a ...
  A: Leonor, The question you ask about defining aging and some of the biochemical and physiological ...
Average life expectancy2/9/2005
  Q: When someone refers to a human being's "average life expectancy," does that mean that statistically ...
  A: Neal, Average Life expectancy is different for gender, race, region, country, etc. But typically ...
My mother thinks that there...2/1/2005
  Q: My mother thinks that there is a difference between bottle-feeding and drinking milk through a cup ...
  A: padram, It is not HOW you drink milk or formula but what type it is. Whether it is from a cup, ...
I am low on Magnesium.2/1/2005
  Q: I do not have thyroid glands or parathryoid glands. They were removed sept 2000. I am used to my ...
  A: Marti, A good source of pharmaceutical grade Magnesium in a Multivitamin is Ultra Preventive III ...
What do you think?1/26/2005
  Q: I am wondering if people really need antibiotics for things like ear infections, sinus infections, ...
  A: That is a very complex question not answered easily here. Many infections (non-serious) will ...
blood sugar level1/21/2005
  Q: I just have a quick question. I had a physical last week and just got my test results back - ...
  A: Erin, Depending on which reference laboratory was used "normal" ranges can vary. Upper limits of ...
Elderly woman hearing "music" that's not there1/20/2005
  Q: I often help older people in my apartment building. I got a call from a seventy-year-old woman who ...
  A: Steve, This is the most unusual question I have answered on this site. If she does not appear ...
i am a family physician just...1/14/2005
  Q: i am a family physician just i gut my board and i want to have fellowship, so may be you can help me ...
  A: Dr. Wafe, This is only speculation, but I would think with our aging population that a specialty in ...
back pain12/25/2004
  Q: sir/madam..my age wife 40...my wife get back pain in early morning after intercourse on night..what ...
  A: This is not my area of expertise. However, consider that sexual intercouse can be a physically ...
metformin long time effect12/21/2004
  Q: sir age 45 weight 99 kg male sir in borderline DM case metformin use of daily 500 once or twice as ...
  A: Mr. Handp, Metformin (Glucophage) 500mg once or twice daily for treatment of glucose intolerance or ...
Calcium12/16/2004
  Q: My wife is looking for something other than tums plus vit K for her Calcium. Would 1200 Calcium plus ...
  A: Bill, Calcium with Vit. D and Vit K alone is not enough for a "well rounded" calcium supplement. I ...
long term result of viagra12/7/2004
  Q: sir what is long term effect of tadalafil/viagra in 44 years patient using viagra twice in week only ...
  A: Mr xyz, While I am not an expert on the drug Viagra it has not been around very long to gather that ...
Vitamins11/27/2004
  Q: Could you please tell me what happens to the human body if you depleat all your B vitamin ?
  A: Gypsy, The B-vitamins are a class of water soluable vitamins in name only. There is no common ...
E D drugs11/7/2004
  Q: sir, my husband is using above type drug once in a week for my better pleasure eventhough he is ...
  A: Erectile Dysfunction medication like Viagra, et al enhance erection. Their use will not cause ...
flu shots for seniors10/28/2004
  Q: we all know the flu vaccine for this year is in short supply. My wife and I are seniors over the ...
  A: Austin, The FluMist alternative has only been out a short time and due to FDA requirements has not ...
better than glucosamine10/21/2004
  Q: sir,if in x ray standing condition knee joints space do not appear(weight 100kg) but in lying ...
  A: Mr. KP, Not sure there is a correct answer to that question. However, Glucosamine and other ...
Superficial Blood Clots10/8/2004
  Q: I have two superficial blood clots in my lower left leg. I had this 3 yrs. ago and with heat a ...
  A: Carolyn, You are apparently suffering from superficial thrombophlebitis. This differs from Deep ...
bone10/2/2004
  Q: Seven years ago I broke my right humorous bone in the middle. The x-ray showed a relatively clean ...
  A: Alex, I am not sure what they are seeing on x-ray. However when bones heal it is a result of ...
concern?9/27/2004
  Q: Saleeby, I have a question for you and I am wondering if you could answer my concern. I picked ...
  A: Caroline, There are certain bloodborne pathogens such as hepatitis that can linger for weeks on ...
low dose aspirin9/18/2004
  Q: My husband is 35 and put himself on a low-dose aspirin regimen (not ordered by the doctor). Rather ...
  A: Karen, Low dose aspirin is relatively safe. Used by thousands of people daily with heart disease ...
Help me please9/17/2004
  Q: I am 50 year old female from Australia,I suffer from panic and agoraphobia since I was 21 year old ...
  A: Helen, This forum does not allow for diagnosis or treatment. However, given the low Vit. B12.. how ...
Rabies9/12/2004
  Q: I have been hearing alot of things about rabies here latley. Someone in our town was bit by a rabid ...
  A: It is not very common to contract rabies actually, however, it you do it is fatal. For high risk ...
xenical9/12/2004
  Q: sir my age 44 weight 101 kg male india when xenical should be eaten?..after meal?with meal?before ...
  A: Mr. India, Xenical is a very bad idea. The drug should never had been approved for use. I NEVER ...
testosterone question8/27/2004
  Q: I am not sure if you can answer this but I will ask anyway... I am an otherwise healthy 35 year old ...
  A: Paul, I can answer this in this forum. A serum testosterone level of 91 is VERY LOW. Anything ...
xenical one capsual8/22/2004
  Q: I am having obesity weight 100 kg and my joint space is significantly reduced..so to reduce i have ...
  A: handp, Xenical is the worst idea since pet rocks. The FDA should have taken that "stupid" drug off ...
Research8/21/2004
  Q: I am doing rabies research. I understand the basics but am wondering about the pep treatment in rare ...
  A: The scenerio you outline is probably rare if ever encountered. It is best left to philosophical ...
calcium supplements7/27/2004
  Q: I have been advised to take calcium supplements because I am in my 50s. There are so many on the ...
  A: Patricia, True there are many on the market, some with merrit. The cheapest and least ...
Vitamin E7/26/2004
  Q: I have read a great deal of information about Vitamin E. I would like to understand more about the ...
  A: Patricia, There is a lot to vitamin E. First of all it is not a single compound but rather a ...
Calcium7/12/2004
  Q: Saleeby: I take a calcium and magnesium supplement daily among other things. I have found that it ...
  A: Lynnette, Calcium and Magnesium should be supplemented together with a few other things like Vit. D ...
doctors and prevention7/10/2004
  Q: Everyday doctors have contact with sick people who have contagious diseases yet I presume that most ...
  A: Doug, Who says we are not? Physicians and Nurses and other healthcare workers may be as sick or ...
chelation therapy7/7/2004
  Q: Dr. Saleeby, Are you involved in chelation therapy? I am writing a book to be published at the end ...
  A: Ken, Yes, I still perform provocation tests and Detox with DMSA, DMPS according to ACAM protocols. ...
preventing a full blown cold or/& infection.6/24/2004
  Q: yesterday I could not move from a drafty area. There fan really covered the area. I feel like a ...
  A: Kathleen, You ask: Q:Hi, yesterday I could not move from a drafty area. There fan really covered ...
Chiropractors6/5/2004
  Q: I went to a "Free Screening" on the side of the road today from a chiropractor. I was not feeling ...
  A: R, You wrote:I continued, wondering if this was something serious or just a ploy to get me in his ...
tetanus prevention5/25/2004
  Q: A couple questions about tetanus shots: 1. Are there any side effects? (other than the painful ...
  A: Erin, 1. Are there any side effects? (other than the painful arm, I'm talking like flu symptoms, ...
Health Profession4/22/2004
  Q: I am at Valley Community School. I want to ask you questions about Health Profession.I want to ask ...
  A: Brittany, We normally do not do homework questions in this forum, but... Subject: Health ...
cleanse4/21/2004
  Q: Dr. Saleeby I dont know if this is your area, but you may be able to help me. I am interested in ...
  A: Leah, This is tricky stuff. You need to see either an ND or an MD specializing in nutritional ...
tonsillitis4/2/2004
  Q: Will the drug Avelox help with tonsillitis? Or any other sore troat problems.
  A: Avelox is a fluroquinalone class of antibiotic and is NOT recommended as first line for pharangitis ...
clinical studies4/1/2004
  Q: i recently talked to a college student who told me he pays some of his expenses by taking part in ...
  A: Jo, Yes, there are some studies that draw blood levels of certain drugs, some use other tests, ...
mood swings and hot flashes3/25/2004
  Q: Do you have any information about preventing mood swings and hot flashes in menopausal women?
  A: Patricia, That is my specialty. You can request articles and information about bioidentical ...
Tetanus shot3/19/2004
  Q: I was just curious about how important getting a tenanus shot every 10 years is. I'm deathy afraid ...
  A: Erin, Tetanus prophalaxis is very important. If you were to get an infection by the organism C. ...
Keeping the brain "fit"3/11/2004
  Q: I am writing a short department piece for Arthritis Today Magazine. I have basic info, including ...
  A: Sherry, There are a lot of thing that are important. Good nutrition, exercise, healthy activities ...
human growth hormones3/2/2004
  Q: I've noticed that most health magazines (not to mention the internet) aggressively advertise HGH's. ...
  A: Arnold, If you refer to the HGH as the homeopathic sublingual sprays or the over priced ...
liver enzymes2/29/2004
  Q: During a recent physical, my doctor said that my blood tests came back showing elevated liver ...
  A: Sandi, Several things can cause elevated liver enzymes. It depends on which ones are elevated. ...
men's health screenings2/14/2004
  Q: The need and reluctance of men to get regular check ups and screenings is well documented. I am ...
  A: Steve, I follow a different paradigm in medicine. One that takes a stand on Preventive Medicine ...

All Questions in This Category

Family, Internal Medicine, General Medical Questions

Yusuf (JP) Saleeby, MD

Top Expert on this page