You are here:

Family Law (Divorce, Family Relations)/I think I got an unlawful settlement


USFSPA Survivor wrote at 2016-04-03 21:44:22
If the overlap of the members service and the member's marriage was less than 10 years, DFAS will reject the former spouse's application to get direct payment by garnishee order.  DFAS will advise the former spouse to obtain a clairfication order from the original decree issuing court.  It will then be up to that court what to do with their decision to divide the member's retired PAY - N-O-T a "pension" ! ! ! ! ! !

Family Law (Divorce, Family Relations)

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Dan Bachert


I can respond to questions pertaining to Florida Family Law within the specific areas of Divorce, Child Custody, Child Timesharing, Alimony and Child Support Enforcement/Modification, Equitable distribution, and Inter Family Adoptions.


Actively practicing Family law in the Palm Beach, Martin and St. Lucie Counties for the past eleven years.

Florida Bar, Family Law Section of Florida Bar, Palm Beach County Bar Association, BNI

Bachelor of Science in Political Science from Florida Atlantic University; Juris Doctorate from St. Thomas School of Law

©2017 All rights reserved.