You are here:

Family Law (Divorce, Family Relations)/Interest added to back child support


Debra wrote at 2013-03-10 22:15:35

I appreciate this Palm Beach post and your reply. I am a parent residing in MI who is owed interest on my child support case. I have filed a motion to pursue the interest which is 21,000. The father involved in my case paid child support over the years because I constantly went after him through the courts. He has also done nothing for his now 21 yo daughter, ie college, car, medical, being a father, etc.

I just wanted to share this information, because I do feel strongly about him paying this balance. I understand this matter should be a case by case situation. If I need Lawyer help, I hope to contact your office.

Thank you.

Family Law (Divorce, Family Relations)

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Dan Bachert


I can respond to questions pertaining to Florida Family Law within the specific areas of Divorce, Child Custody, Child Timesharing, Alimony and Child Support Enforcement/Modification, Equitable distribution, and Inter Family Adoptions.


Actively practicing Family law in the Palm Beach, Martin and St. Lucie Counties for the past eleven years.

Florida Bar, Family Law Section of Florida Bar, Palm Beach County Bar Association, BNI

Bachelor of Science in Political Science from Florida Atlantic University; Juris Doctorate from St. Thomas School of Law

©2017 All rights reserved.