Family Law (Divorce, Family Relations)/Contesting a will



My mother is aged and doesn't have long to live and is starting to show signs of dementia. Our immediate family consists of two of us, my sister and me. My mother had two daughters.
She has been raising my sister's son since he was 12. He has drained her financially and now he is accusing us (my husband and I)
of stealing items from her house in my city, (she married a friend of ours and lived there for 6 years until her husband passed.) She moved back to her other house when she took ill.
Instead of stealing from my mother my husband and I helped her and her sick husband for at least 4 years while he was alive.
We had to take her husband everywhere to hospitals and doctors until he passed. After he passed my mother got double pneumonia
and I stayed with her for one year and a half taking care of her like a nurse, maid, and gardener! I never asked for one cent for all this!
I also gave my mother all sorts of things because it's my mother.
We never stole from her ever!
This nephew pulled this fraud with her late brother in law Benny.
My mother and her brother in law (Benny)inherited Apartments from the law sister in law.
This same nephew accused the brother in law of cheating her with the apartments and my mother sued her brother in law and lost the case as the brother in law never cheated her. This nephew is a troublemaker that has cheated my mother and her husband out of
one years rent at one of her home and more!
My nephew is turning my mother against my husband and me so that
he can steal my inheritance.
I will probably have to contest the will at some point as my mother believes anything he says.

Is it difficult to contest a will? Are there lawyers that do this?

         Best Regards, Diane

Hi Diane, Yes it can be difficult to contest a will and there are attorneys that specialize in just such actions. Look for probate attorneys in your area and consult with a few of them for more advise.

I hope this information was helpful to you, if it was, please do me the courtesy of rating it. Please be aware and advised that this public forum is designed to provide only general information, to give you a basis of legal knowledge. This public forum does not give you attorney-client privilege. You and I have not entered into an attorney-client relationship. I am not responsible for your legal rights and this answer is based solely on the information you have provided in your question and as always, I would advise that you arrange for an in person consultation with an attorney from my firm or another Family Law attorney familiar with Florida Family Law who can analyze the specific facts and circumstances of your case more closely to better advise you. Additional information may be obtained on our web site listed below.


Daniel Bachert, Esq.
The Bachert Law Firm, P.A.
330 Clematis Street, Suite 222
West Palm Beach, Florida 33401
(561) 653-3951  

Family Law (Divorce, Family Relations)

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Dan Bachert


I can respond to questions pertaining to Florida Family Law within the specific areas of Divorce, Child Custody, Child Timesharing, Alimony and Child Support Enforcement/Modification, Equitable distribution, and Inter Family Adoptions.


Actively practicing Family law in the Palm Beach, Martin and St. Lucie Counties for the past eleven years.

Florida Bar, Family Law Section of Florida Bar, Palm Beach County Bar Association, BNI

Bachelor of Science in Political Science from Florida Atlantic University; Juris Doctorate from St. Thomas School of Law

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]