Family Law (Divorce, Family Relations)/child leaving country

Question
my dewier is planning to go back to brazil this year with Our Son How can i stopped her from taking him AND NOT COMING BACK.COULD i CALL us border PATROL? HELP SOON.THANX

Answer
Hi Bert, if you are not married to the mother then you will need to file a Petition to Establish Paternity and Related Relief. Within that petition you can seek to have a parenting plan established which indicates when and how, if ever, the child may be taken outside the jurisdiction of Florida. You will need to do this quickly as the case could take a few months to complete. However, once you file the petition the mother will be required to follow Florida's Child Relocation Statute and file a Petition to obtain permission from the court for any permanent relocation she may be contemplating and you could also file a Motion for Injunction preventing the child from being removed from the jurisdiction while your Petition to Establish Paternity is pending before the court.

I hope this information was helpful to you, if it was, please do me the courtesy of rating it. Please be aware and advised that this public forum is designed to provide only general information, to give you a basis of legal knowledge. This public forum does not give you attorney-client privilege. You and I have not entered into an attorney-client relationship. I am not responsible for your legal rights and this answer is based solely on the information you have provided in your question and as always, I would advise that you arrange for an in person consultation with an attorney from my firm or another Family Law attorney familiar with Florida Family Law who can analyze the specific facts and circumstances of your case more closely to better advise you. Additional information may be obtained on our web site listed below.

Sincerely,

Daniel Bachert, Esq.
The Bachert Law Firm, P.A.
330 Clematis Street, Suite 222
West Palm Beach, Florida 33401
(561) 653-3951
Palm-Beach-Divorces.com  

Family Law (Divorce, Family Relations)

Dan Bachert