Family Law (Divorce, Family Relations)/Timesharing/child support


My divorce was final a year ago. We splint our 13 year old daughter 50/50 by the week.  He gives me 46.00 a week for child support, and he is to carry her health insurance.  I just found out that he is moving over 3 hours away and he will now be getting her every other weekend.  What do I need to do? I want this on paper and I think I need to be givin more child support since she will be basically be living with me full time.  Thank you for your advice

Hi Angela, you are correct in that the child support will probably need to be modified as well as the time sharing plan. I would suggest a review of the existing final judgment and a suggested agreed modification of the same be presented to your ex to see if the modification can be given effect without the need of litigation. If there is a income deduction order in place that will need to modified as well. If your ex cannot or will not agree to the needed modifications either informally or through the process of mediation then you will need to file a Petition for Modification of the Final Judgment asserting his relocation as the substantial and unforeseen change in circumstances needed to support your requested modification.

I hope this information was helpful to you, if it was, please do me the courtesy of rating it. Please be aware and advised that this public forum is designed to provide only general information, to give you a basis of legal knowledge. This public forum does not give you attorney-client privilege. You and I have not entered into an attorney-client relationship. I am not responsible for your legal rights and this answer is based solely on the information you have provided in your question and as always, I would advise that you arrange for an in person consultation with an attorney from my firm or another Family Law attorney familiar with Florida Family Law who can analyze the specific facts and circumstances of your case more closely to better advise you. Additional information may be obtained on our web site listed below.


Daniel Bachert, Esq.
The Bachert Law Firm, P.A.
330 Clematis Street, Suite 222
West Palm Beach, Florida 33401
(561) 653-3951  

Family Law (Divorce, Family Relations)

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Dan Bachert


I can respond to questions pertaining to Florida Family Law within the specific areas of Divorce, Child Custody, Child Timesharing, Alimony and Child Support Enforcement/Modification, Equitable distribution, and Inter Family Adoptions.


Actively practicing Family law in the Palm Beach, Martin and St. Lucie Counties for the past eleven years.

Florida Bar, Family Law Section of Florida Bar, Palm Beach County Bar Association, BNI

Bachelor of Science in Political Science from Florida Atlantic University; Juris Doctorate from St. Thomas School of Law

©2017 All rights reserved.