Family Law (Divorce, Family Relations)/child support florida

Question
i have a hearing today and i know this is really not the best time to ask about this, but i really don't know what to expect. i do not know if my child's father has gotten a lawyer or not, do i need one? depending upon what happens today, will i be able to modify anytime soon if i walk into an ambush of sorts? my child is 17 and we have never officially filed for support, but he has been paying me support here and there and providing insurance. i just would like to know basics of this whole process.

thanks! any help you can give is great.

Answer
Hi Neidre, its very difficult to advise you when I don't know what the hearing is for. I initially assumed it was a child support matter but with a child of 17 and your statement that "we have never officially filed for support" tends to dismiss that assumption. I hope the action went well for you but unfortunately without more information there is little I can advise you on.

Sincerely,

Daniel Bachert, Esq.
The Bachert Law Firm, P.A.
330 Clematis Street, Suite 222
West Palm Beach, Florida 33401
(561) 653-3951
Palm-Beach-Divorces.com  

Family Law (Divorce, Family Relations)

Dan Bachert