Family Law (Divorce, Family Relations)/Filing a motion

Question
In Florida... If a motion is filed because the other party is not cooperating with a mediation agreement where costs and fees are sought as well, are these fees and costs still payed by the client initially until the violating party is held accountable for reinbursement or does the client not have to worry about making payment at all?

Thanks

Answer
Hi Dave, this would be subject to any agreement between the motioning party and his or her attorney but generally the motioning party would initially be responsible for the fees and costs and then would be reimbursed if and when, the court awards such fees and costs and they are paid by the opposing party.

I hope this information was helpful to you, if it was, please do me the courtesy of rating it. Please be aware and advised that this public forum is designed to provide only general information, to give you a basis of legal knowledge. This public forum does not give you attorney-client privilege. You and I have not entered into an attorney-client relationship. I am not responsible for your legal rights and this answer is based solely on the information you have provided in your question and as always, I would advise that you arrange for an in person consultation with an attorney from my firm or another Family Law attorney familiar with Florida Family Law who can analyze the specific facts and circumstances of your case more closely to better advise you. Additional information may be obtained on our web site listed below.

Sincerely,

Daniel Bachert, Esq.
The Bachert Law Firm, P.A.
330 Clematis Street, Suite 222
West Palm Beach, Florida 33401
(561) 653-3951
Palm-Beach-Divorces.com  

Family Law (Divorce, Family Relations)

Dan Bachert