Family Law (Divorce, Family Relations)/Child Support/not living at home

Question
My daughter has not lived at home with her mother in 2 years. In fact they have zero contact and my daughter has been supporting herself and living with friends. Child support is still be taking out of my pay and sent to the mother, how can I stop this?

Answer
Hi Steve, you will need to file a Petition for Modification of the Final Judgment.

I hope this information was helpful to you, if it was, please do me the courtesy of rating it. Please be aware and advised that this public forum is designed to provide only general information, to give you a basis of legal knowledge. This public forum does not give you attorney-client privilege. You and I have not entered into an attorney-client relationship. I am not responsible for your legal rights and this answer is based solely on the information you have provided in your question and as always, I would advise that you arrange for an in person consultation with an attorney from my firm or another Family Law attorney familiar with Florida Family Law who can analyze the specific facts and circumstances of your case more closely to better advise you. Additional information may be obtained on our web site listed below.

Sincerely,

Daniel Bachert, Esq.
The Bachert Law Firm, P.A.
330 Clematis Street, Suite 222
West Palm Beach, Florida 33401
(561) 653-3951
Palm-Beach-Divorces.com  

Family Law (Divorce, Family Relations)

Dan Bachert