Family Law (Divorce, Family Relations)/My daughter was arrested , help.


I know this is most likely in the wrong section but i did not know what to file it as. I hope you may still be able to help me out. My 15 yr. Old daughter got into a fight at school with a 17 yr old girl. My daughter was arrested and taken into custody and now she has court next month. She has no record and has never been arrested until yesterday. The school told us the only reason she was arrested was because a security guard who tried to break up the fight was thrown to the floor and had to leave school. My daughter  was suspended for 10 days. What can we do to make sure this does not go on her record? What can we do so she doesn't have to do community service? How much will the fine be? Do we need a lawyer? Can we file for an informal adjustment? If so, how would that work and how would we go about it? I hope you can help me. And I appreciate your time.

DISCLAIMER:  I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY: I am someone with experience with Family law matters, and can give some directions of what I would do but these are my opinions: I strongly recommend that you get an ATTORNEY who specializes in family law in your immediate county/country.

1. Recommend to hire a Professional Attorney who might specialize in this type of action.
2. Work with Attorney to see if records can be sealed since daughter is 15 yr old.
3. If this is first offense, then work towards community service as type of action.

Good luck,

Family Law (Divorce, Family Relations)

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Jeff Laatsch


WA Law with respect to family court issues: order to show cause/notice of motions, establishing or modification of an order, custody, visitation, child support, parenting schedules, mediation, preparations and filings of all documents: International relocation experience: Create a win/win/win situation between Mom-Children-Dad...


Self taught and experience with working with various Court Clerks.

Masters Degree

©2017 All rights reserved.