Family Law (Divorce, Family Relations)/Medical expenses

Question
I have a question about medical expenses, my ex is suppose to be paying half of the expenses according to the divorce decree. He has never paid anything in two years and was presented with copies of the bills? Is there anything I can do about that? My main concern is that when he takes the children in I get billed for the visit because they are listed under me and my insurance, no insurance through him. Can I request that at the medical providers that If he brings them in the bill is sent to him rather then me? I think he takes them in some time just to cost me money and nothing wrong with them.

Please note that I am in North Dakota

Answer
Mary,

Your only option is to take him to small claims court: Easy to file the case, and make sure you make copies of the bills he owes as evidence in the small claims case: Then have him served and go to court.
However, a better way might be to contact child support services department explain what is happening and let them go after the moneies owed.

Thanks
jeff

Family Law (Divorce, Family Relations)

Jeff Laatsch