Family Law (Divorce, Family Relations)/Child Support, FDR and Court issues

I lost my job back in 2011. I received food stamps for 10 months and then went off of assistance (at the end of 2011). At that time. I had to switch over my child support to the Florida Department of Revenue which was a HUGE mistake.

That being said, I found out that they would represent me in a child support modification so I thought they would help. When I had them start a modification, they did not even research and took "his word" for the income he stated he was making. He stated $35,000 (when he is making at least 5 times that amount).
-He just took a $20,000 trip to Thailand.
- He pays cash for his cars.
- He pays $30,000 for a business coach.

Anyways, once the DOR made their assessment, they wanted to lower by child support even more by $250. I could not believe this. They did not even research his income. I decided that I would represent myself and withdrew the Florida Department of Revenue from my case and would start one on my own (in regular court). I spent $200 and submitted all of the necessary documentation along with the mandatory disclosure paperwork in the hope that I could get his financials and show his true income.

Today, I received a notice from the general magistrate and he dismissed my case and is forcing my case to go back to the Florida Department of Revenue. Can he do this? I am just beside myself. I do not have a lot of money and now just wasted $200 on a "dismissed" case. I closed my case with the FDR as I have not received any type of assistance from them since 2011 (and it was $174 per month of food stamps- that is it). I do not know where to go from here. I DO NOT want the FDR to represent me and do not have a lot of money for an attorney. Any legal advice is GREATLY appreciated.

One extra piece of info.- my ex-husband now resides 3 weeks out of every month in San Diego and my time share has gone up with my son significantly.

Thank you,

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a LAWYER: I am someone who has experience in Family law matters, and can give you only my opinion or best advise of what to do: I will always recommend that you seek out a Professional Attorney in your area who specializes in Family law.

I would recommend that you hire an Attorney: Most attorneys offer a free 1/2 consultation time during which time you present your case, and work out a deal with the lawyer to have them paid ESPECIALLY in your case since you have Florida Department of Revenue that has handled your case.
I am assuming that this: is where you went too.

Document everything, keep notes, then see an Attorney.

That is my recommendation.
Kind Regards,

Family Law (Divorce, Family Relations)

Jeff Laatsch

WA Law with respect to family court issues: order to show cause/notice of motions, establishing or modification of an order, custody, visitation, child support, parenting schedules, mediation, preparations and filings of all documents: International relocation experience: Create a win/win/win situation between Mom-Children-Dad...

Self taught and experience with working with various Court Clerks.

Masters Degree