Family Law (Divorce, Family Relations)/Family Law Motions

Question
Hi, We had filed a motion for temporary orders, there was an issue with jurisdiction due to the UCCJEA. Those issues have been resolved. We are getting ready to re-file the motion, but are using updated revised proposed orders, update child support worksheets with everybodys accurate information now. And the parenting time updated because the respondent will be moving locally, and we wanted to include more parenting time.

The questions are:

1)Should I include all of the exhibits that were attached to my declaration the first time, or do I assume the court still has them? I don't want to upset anyone submitting the same documents.

2)Do I have to include a new financial declaration again? The last one was done only 2 1/2 months ago.

3)Do I file a new summons? or a new Petition?

I am in King County WA

Thank you!

Answer
Lisa:
DISCLAIMER: I am not an Attorney: I am someone who has had experience in Family Law issues over several years. PLEASE consult a Family Law Attorney in YOUR immediate area/county before you go to court.

There appears to be some information left out. Under the UCCJEA thre are several 'articles' which may apply to your case: You filed TEMPORARY ORDERS which have an END DATE and in most cases a RETURN date to go back to court to get it finalized.

ANSWER: First I don't think it will upset anyone, however, as stated it is not advisable to go to court without an Attorney present unless MOM and DAD are working together and agree to do so without Attorneys: With that said don't worry about 'extra' paperwork: The courts will have your originals because it is part of your case AND your documents have the CASE number associated to it: Just bring along an extra copy in case the court or the opposing side ask for them again.

ANSWER:  In most cases,

1. Change of job
2. at least $100 and at least a 25% change up or down in your income.
3. Loss of job
4. New other income

Again do not have to, but have a copies of a modified one just in case otherside asks for it.

3.Do I file a new summons? or a new Petition?

When you worked out the UCCJEA did they say or give you documents stating CASE CLOSED?  In most cases, you have to have a FINAL DEGREE with reference to Divorce- Parenting Plan-Child Support-etc.

You should have been given a new court date to RETURN back to court to work this out: IF not check with the KING COUNTY CLERKS office to see if you CASE is rescheduled to appear in court of if FINAL.

Hope this helps.
Jeff  

Family Law (Divorce, Family Relations)

Jeff Laatsch