Family Law (Divorce, Family Relations)/Military divorce

Question
Jeff,

Thank you for entertaining my question. I am active Navy and I now reside in San Diego, CA. My wife and I most recently lived together in VA. We have been separated for over 12 months but it was not a legal separation. My wife now wants to move forward with a divorce. I don't want to make this difficult or drag it out. Can you give me an idea of how long it will take if I proceed through JAG with an uncontested divorce?  We have no children and nothjng at all to split at this point and frankly we just want to be done. I very much appreciate your volunteering your time.

Bryan

Answer
Bryan:
DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY: I AM SOMEONE WITH EXPERIENCE DEALING WITH FAMILY LAW ISSUES: HOWEVER, BEFORE YOU GO TO COURT OR RESPOND TO ANY LEGAL MATTER CONCERNING YOUR ISSUE CONTACT A PROFESSIONAL FAMILY LAW ATTORNEY IN YOUR AREA.

I am not familiar with Military Attorneys but usually it will take a min of six months even in the case of an uncontested divorce: Consult your JAG -rep for details: In the case of no children, it maybe less especially if you both agree to it.

Kind regards,
Jeff

Family Law (Divorce, Family Relations)

Jeff Laatsch